SAU Community

Redlight Cameras

Mr. Keets

have to remeber those ones. i reckon a lot of people will get done by them, just about every second person puts their foot down through amber lights

I don't think the guy in the link I posted just squeezed it on to get through the lights.. 70km/h over the limit.. that tops my official best of 55km/h over! :kiss:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the guy in the link I posted just squeezed it on to get through the lights.. 70km/h over the limit.. that tops my official best of 55km/h over! :kiss:

only counted if being caught? mine is 48km/h over from a multanova camera :D

have to remember those ones. i reckon a lot of people will get done by them, just about every second person puts their foot down through amber lights

Rear-ending will probably increase significantly.

only counted if being caught? mine is 48km/h over from a multanova camera :(

lol yeah dude, "official" means I got caught :)

Nailed by a cop with a laser.. from 315m away! :O

This way back in the days before hoon laws etc.. I was 5km/h off losing my license on the spot and being taken away in a squad car :)

Best be careful on bikes!

Good opportunity to do a stoppie.... and then get wiped out :P

just get the wheel up on a good enough angle so the camera cannot see your plate :rofl: Failing this just reach around stick your hand/foot over your plate or at least partially cover it.

just get the wheel up on a good enough angle so the camera cannot see your plate :) Failing this just reach around stick your hand/foot over your plate or at least partially cover it.

I love reach arounds :P

:rofl:

Where are those flippy down license plate thingy's so I can use them for experiments?

This sucks balls. I don't want my car rear ended cause some fkhead behind in his old rusty shit heap can't stop as quickly as my sports car.....

they have been around 4 some time. the set of lights at the bell tower for at least a yr. imagine how much money they would make if they put some of these on reid hwy

Considering they are fixed it's not as bad as ones that can pop up anywhere to make revenue save lives...

Knowing where they are is more of a proven deterrent, it's just that the government won't accept & agree with that.

Riverside Drive where the Bell Tower is a fixed speeding camera. And theres 3 on leach hwy

They removed the red light camera on the beginning of hay street, so Im guessing there gonna put a fix speeding camera there

Riverside Drive where the Bell Tower is a fixed speeding camera. And theres 3 on leach hwy

They removed the red light camera on the beginning of hay street, so Im guessing there gonna put a fix speeding camera there

I need to remember that...

On a related topic, my dad just received a fine for speeding during the Easter Break time. Happened on our way to Kalgoorlie, apparently he was going 109km/h (90km/h) area, must be one of those times when he was over taking a multi-stage Semi, I didn't even know that the gutless Corolla could master enough grunt to push to 109km/h in that short period of time...

Dad is telling me to keep my mouth shut about this to mum, not because she cares much about the points (4) nor whole 'lower speed is safer thing' but because of the $150 fine... being the typical 'cheap ass Asian' she is gonna kill us both if she found out we effectively just 'wasted' $150. :)

& this makes me the 'safest' driver in the family for the reasoning of having no fines :thumbsup:

Edited by Mayuri Krab

just curious

the speed camera is basically like a normal speed camera yeah? detects if your going too fast and flashes?

what are these ones i've heard about where they measure point to point?

like 1 set of lights and then the other set and then theyre like 'you travelled fast between there, SNAP'

or is that hocus pocus :blush:

hey guys, i know now you cant 'speed through amber lights' but at least you know where the cameras are.

Plus you shouldnt REALLY be speeding anyway, not THAT drastically :blush:

but i know everybody speeds now and then.

but yeah in the eastern states people know where the speed cameras are and now we know where a few are too.

just curious

the speed camera is basically like a normal speed camera yeah? detects if your going too fast and flashes?

what are these ones i've heard about where they measure point to point?

like 1 set of lights and then the other set and then theyre like 'you travelled fast between there, SNAP'

or is that hocus pocus :(

Apparently they will be brought in, but with how they are described to work there's gotta be a few loopholes surely :blush: