SAU Community

Urgent Help!

I have an R34 GTT, current modifications i have on my car are intercooler, exhaust, Bosh 040 fuel pump, pod filter (boxed) & Boost controller.

I'm booked in for a tune on friday, i was hoping to get about 250rwkw from my car.

Any recommendations on what other mods i need to achieve my goal.

Thanks in advance.

I have an R34 GTT, current modifications i have on my car are intercooler, exhaust, Bosh 040 fuel pump, pod filter (boxed) & Boost controller.

I'm booked in for a tune on friday, i was hoping to get about 250rwkw from my car.

Any recommendations on what other mods i need to achieve my goal.

Thanks in advance.

A bigger turbo and an ecu

Should've got all the parts before the tune. Generally you need:

550cc injectors

Z32 AFM

Boost controller

3inch metal inake pipe with good pod filter

3inch exhaust with Honey con cat

High flowed turbo

Strong clutch

fule pump

Nistune or better ECU

Feed it with BP ulitmate.

the "tune" you have done on friday is going to consist of the workshop driving the car onto the dyno, doing a run or 2, possibly playing around with the boost level, doing another dyno run and then driving it off again. the stock ecu can't be tuned.

and as has been said above, you are going to fall short of your goal of 250kw by about 50kw.

and as has been said above, you are going to fall short of your goal of 250kw by about 50kw.

...or more. With a standard ECU you'll probably hit rich and retard (as i did) eventually which makes the car a pig. I managed 185rwkw with exhaust, pod and 13psi.

With an aftermarket ECU and Z32 afm (or a better ECU with 3bar map sensor ie Haltech) you might be able to make 210+ on the standard turbo, although don't expect it to last all that long at that power level...

You'll need a credit card...............with approx. a $5000 limit.

Then you can buy all the necessary hardware!!!

At least...! I just dropped $12k on my R34 to make 273kw, although that was with an expensive ECU and other parts and it has plenty more left in it for E85...

I reckon you would pull around 200rwkw ... you need the turbo +and both aftermarket ECU and Injectors

I'm voting 180-190(ish) tops.

Fuel pump and intercooler will make exactly zero difference to power and as i mentioned my 34 made 185rwkw with some boost, pod and exhaust.

Of course Dynos do all read different - 200 on one is 180 on another...

I'm voting 180-190(ish) tops.

Fuel pump and intercooler will make exactly zero difference to power and as i mentioned my 34 made 185rwkw with some boost, pod and exhaust.

Of course Dynos do all read different - 200 on one is 180 on another...

not quiet true. fuel pump won't do squat for power, but as you start doing other mods then you need a better fuel pump to be able to flow enough fuel to stop it from leaning out.

as for the intercooler, they can make you get higher power than the stock one. the reason being that if you give the car a bit of a fang on the way to the dyno then the stock side mount cooler will already be suffering from heatsoak (therefor higher intake temps and less power) before it even goes on the dyno. a bigger intercooler will stay cooler for longer and therefor give you higher power on the dyno (as well as on the road). it doesn't take long for the stock cooler to heat up after you have given it a boot a few times, while in the colder days we are having at the moment a fmic will stay cool for much much longer.

not quiet true. fuel pump won't do squat for power, but as you start doing other mods then you need a better fuel pump to be able to flow enough fuel to stop it from leaning out.

as for the intercooler, they can make you get higher power than the stock one. the reason being that if you give the car a bit of a fang on the way to the dyno then the stock side mount cooler will already be suffering from heatsoak (therefor higher intake temps and less power) before it even goes on the dyno. a bigger intercooler will stay cooler for longer and therefor give you higher power on the dyno (as well as on the road). it doesn't take long for the stock cooler to heat up after you have given it a boot a few times, while in the colder days we are having at the moment a fmic will stay cool for much much longer.

The fuel pump will only help once you reach the limit of the standard system (as you say) which won't be happening here.

The cooler - well it may help in the situation you described, true - but usually i'd assume the car would be sitting around, run a couple power runs and that's it, with a fan blowing into the engine bay. This is not a proper 'tune'. It can stop power loss through heatsoak / high inlet temps yes, but it's not going to give you more power per se.

Essentially what I meant was your not going to get an extra XXkw with those two mods... :D

The fuel pump will only help once you reach the limit of the standard system (as you say) which won't be happening here.

The cooler - well it may help in the situation you described, true - but usually i'd assume the car would be sitting around, run a couple power runs and that's it, with a fan blowing into the engine bay. This is not a proper 'tune'. It can stop power loss through heatsoak / high inlet temps yes, but it's not going to give you more power per se.

Essentially what I meant was your not going to get an extra XXkw with those two mods... :domokun:

and i pretty much agree