SAU Community

Large lift cam head mods

ylwgtr2

Incase anyones interested...heres some pics on what needs to be done to an RB26 headto fit large lift cams.....some people diegrind them in the car...but this is how is should be done....
Is that you're engine you're workin on? If so o0o0o0o... And you need a shave :D

yeah its actually my RB26 fitted to a tractor!Should give me a bit more pulling power huh?

looks like a nice finish on your head ,what size cams are you running,and did you have to re-shim the buckets,and how was the performance,

cheers! fellow gtrman

oh and thanks compnerd...i am shimming it up tommow....no bucket change providing i can get the shims in the right size...they look like the old kawasaki motorbike shims so i should have a large range available between these and the nissan ones

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ylwgtr2, I am confused. If the standard GTR camshaft is what, 8.2 mm lift and you are fitting cams to suite a pair of 2530's, so you would not be using much more than say 10 mm lift. It looks like you removed a lot more than 1.8 mm. Plus camshaft lobes are around 20 mm across, how do you get a 20 mm flat using a tapered and round drill bit?

Or am looking at this all wrong?

spot on sydneykid...its 10mm lift...but i have removed a bit more than i needed...better to be safe than sorry....i didnt want to take the head out of the mill to find that i need to do it all again! ...the bit i used was the same size as the factory used on the original machining