SAU Community

My R33 Gtr

You're right, your orange ones look great. I might change mine later down the track. I'm first thinking about replacing my Rear Wing Blade, bonnet lip, and Front Bar Slots with the N1 Carbon Fiber Equivalents. Nengun are selling a Car Shop F1 Carbon (Weave) Bonnet Lip, but it is $245.00. Just Jap Racing sell the N1 lip for $195.00.

I don't know if the Nengun item is better quality or not though. I will have to ask a few questions.

yeh that sounds good man, i have never used NENGUN ,

the only thing i want to get are some N1 rear bumper garnishes (that actually fit) and maybe nismo carbon fibre b pillar garnish,.

ilike mine how it is.

just for the record how AMAZING is MIDNIGHT PURPLE, there is only one colour i like more. . . BAYSIDE BLUE

haha yeah MP is an excellent colour indeed!

i also think the orange indicators at the front do not require changing, infact ive seen a few with the "clear" ones and they look kinda orange too coz of the globe inside them, i know u can get a special globe that looks chrome but flashes orange still, but i rather not spend 150-200 bucks on indicators any time soon......

my injectors have arrived so im ripping off my plenum and throttle bodies tomorrow (yes on australia day :) ) so i can drill and tap 2 holes for my map sensor feeds

i ordered in new intake manifold gaskets, injector o-rings and all those other o-rings that i apparently need if im taking off that top vacuum chamber off.

$212 worth of gaskets just to remove a plenum..... :ninja:

looks really nice!! this is so random ive got a midnight 33 gtr with number plates 33gtr"" but im from adelaide way !! may have to meet up for some photos

hahahah really!! how about that,

yeh for sure mate, my girlfriend lives in adelaide so yeh. that would be good man. will let you know when i comming up next mate :thumbsup:

plenum is off! took me a good 4-5 hours..... should be able to do it quicker next time round now that i know what needs to be removed and where all the bolts are etc

ill be installing the 2 nipples tomorrow as most places are closed today ...

and as soon as my gaskets arrive, ill bolt it all back together - ill post up pics 2moro night :D

Edited by snozzle

Hi Mate, Im looking to get my engine painted in Midnight Purple soon. I like the look of your engine, and I am after something simular.

Do you now how much I will be up for roughly if I supply the Paint? I have a good Paint Supplier here near Melbourne, who will match anything and does custom colours also.

Cheers

it shouldnt cost you more than 200-300 bucks to get it professionally painted.

im actually thinking of ripping off my covers tomorrow and painting them gold (same gold as my wheels) and then sanding the 'RB26' back with a block so its silver/chrome - i just cbf ripping out my radiator, taking off the crank pulley to get the bottom cover coz thats purple aswell :(

uvUtLl.jpg

wont look like this for long :)

vuHOel.jpg

nipples for map sensors installed

9OHWzl.jpg

26WdUl.jpg

tried to get them as flush as possible

fyjwql.jpg

Got some piping made up, just need to buy some pod filters and the intake side of things is done

AaVTJl.jpg

thats all ive got done so far, waiting on nissan to deliver my gaskets and injector o-rings

yeh see i quite like the covers being purple.

IMO it looks great! i personally would leave it purple ay, . . thats a nice clean engine bay all round btw.

:cheers:

looks really nice!! this is so random ive got a midnight 33 gtr with number plates 33gtr"" but im from adelaide way !! may have to meet up for some photos

hey man just random do you know what exhaust you got on your gtr??

im looking at exhausts but dont want any big cannon, i just looking mildish, yours looks real nice, i like the twin

cheers mate :thanks:

TNT australia are on strike today so my nissan dealer hasnt been able to deliver me the gaskets ive been waiting on................ i really do ask myself, what are the chances of this happening on the day i need parts..... fml..

ive pushed my tune back to the 7th of feb which falls onto a monday im pretty sure.

ive re-done my boost control setup - basically just took out the factory lines to the wastegates and made up 2 equal length vac hoses and then T'd them together at the solenoid

im just not sure where the best pressure source is - i can take it off the bottom of the plenum but thats quite far - i rather something closer

B4stll.jpg

im considering putting a nipple somewhere before the intercooler (hot side piping)

so now that i have a few more days i decided to rip off the adaptor plate and replace that gasket too while im there, this is where im at so far

lCSqEl.jpg

and heres a pic of the injectors compared to the stock ones - direct replacement ftw

63XOxl.jpg

just waiting on my hks cam gears, gaskets and o-rings from nissan

finally.. the goods have arrived

ejC9Sl.jpg

throttle bodies cleaned with tooth brush and solvents

jsCmel.jpg

throttles installed

iztt8l.jpg

after a couple hours of swearing at the f**ker the plenum was finally installed too...

ErhHLl.jpg

new o-rings, rubber spacers transferred onto the injectors and then they were installed into the rail with the help of a little grease

NN4A6l.jpg

VGze2l.jpg

QZ9mwl.jpg

shes getting there.... :)

I didnt have much time to work on it today but still managed to get a few little things done.

I managed to find some 3A pods for 30 bucks each

I ended up drilling another nipple into the bottom of twin turbo pipe just above the turbos and getting my pressure source for the solenoid from there.

Installed the filters.

I'm not sure why they look pink, probably due to the flash from the camera, but in person they are dark red and look sweet :)

S1XTwl.jpg

3FPrpl.jpg

I also got my radiator cleaned and pressure tested by natrad.

All i need to do now is install the radiator, fill her up with some coolant and water, install the cas, mount the map sensors and get the map sensor loom through the firewall, install the ecu and wire in the 2 wires into the afm signal pins on the ecu loom, tweak a few settings on the power-fc and shes ready to start!

nice man! good to see my cam gears went to a good home never got a chance to use them!! grr they look sexy as though.

so does anyone know if running afm's + pods is better then stock airbox? i've been thinking about putting my stock airbox back on for ages now.

My tuner told me that pod filters may aid in fixing my boost curve falling over so thats why ive gone this route. + its cheaper to do this rather than to get adaptors to eliminate the afms believe it or not

I do know of a few jap built r34 gtr's running the stock airbox with a bigger intake snorkel making much much power than i am though so thats some food for thought

Well I fired her up and shes running SWEET! Quite happy with how well it runs.

Thanks to the help of a friend who has a bit of experience with datalogit, we Reset the power fc to standard settings and then trimmed the injectors down and changed a few other settings aswell.

Even took it for a spin and its running awesome, lacking some top end power because we took some timing out and put 5% extra fuel just as a bit of safety till the tune day

Here are some pics i took today:

I modified a bracket i found to mount the map sensors, sits pretty good!

jJTNSl.jpg

k65Hsl.jpg

pics of the engine bay - all its missing is the strut brace but other than that is now complete :)

Nk1zAl.jpg

PfJZil.jpg