SAU Community

Mobile Speed Cameras

butch

Hmmm... still in the Blue Mtns Dale & fatz,

It's taking the RTA forever and a day to fix up the Old Bathurst Rd between E. Blaxland and Emu Hts.

The speed limit has been restricted to 40Km/hr.

So what does Mr Plod do?

He parks his red/green VE in Binya Ave near the top of the escarpment 15m from the speed-reduction sign, and lies in wait.

There isn't one intersection, driveway, house, outhouse, farmhouse or doghouse from where he sits to below the scraped section.

Same guy! He's a charmer to talk to, as my missus found out...

I had an experience with him you might find funny tho'

Was out with my 2 1/2 year old boy for a walk on Wednesday (loves cars & anything with a flashing light on the roof),

There he was, parked illegally in Everton Road, sneering at us through the window of his unmarked VE as we were walking towards him (blocking his view of the traffic, kinda, sorta on purpose)

When my boy spotted the light rig on the dashboard. "Siren truck?" he asks, Mr Sneery perks up a bit;

Me; "No mate, that's not a real police car, real ones have the lights on the OUTSIDE"

Little bloke; "Yeah, NOT siren truck"

Face drops, sneer firmly back in place.

Owned by a toddler, lol!

Hopefully he doesn't realise I live just around the corner :whistling:, but he started it...

Edited by Daleo

Hehe...

Back to your missus Dale...

I loved the dialoque she had with the officer.

Now I'm interested in not just what she said, but how she said it!

She had some serious gall (since girls don't have balls)!

:rolleyes:

Hehe...

Back to your missus Dale...

I loved the dialoque she had with the officer.

Now I'm interested in not just what she said, but how she said it!

She had some serious gall (since girls don't have balls)!

:rolleyes:

She has quite a way at times, not shy at all. Don't know how she got away with it to be honest. Made me laugh tho':thumbsup:

i have noticed on the gwh that there in a unmarked forester booking people. gunmetal colour keep an eye out for it

terry old bathurst rd= council road.... so its a council job (eg get up them)

Yet another one to keep my eye out for...

This came up during the last time Old Bathurst was resurfaced, was in all the local papers.

Have you noticed how it goes from 50km/h to 60km/h just after the houso's on the left? (Binya Street) And then back to 50km/h just past the water towers?

That's because it's considered an arterial road= state funded.

Also the top is in Blue Mountains City Council territory, and the bottom is in Penrith City Council area.

However there is CONSTANT disagreement about who is supposed to maintain it, so as a result the coucil avoids it like the plague...

Edited by Daleo

Sorry to hijack this thread again with Blue Mtns stuff, but is this an ongoing problem with solving rockslides on Mitchell's Pass Rd too?

Who owns this? Or is it shared?

When the rain caused Old Bathurst Rd to close for a week, the only way down the hill was GWH.

And if that became blocked by an accident, everyone would have to go down Hawkesbury Rd.

There was once a proposal in '93 to connect a road from Mt Riverview to Cranebrook. It was knocked back via a petition.

It could have been useful in case of fire > save lives. You can gather I didn't sign it.

Now that one I'm not sure about.

Because Lennox bridge is Heritage listed, you would think some part of the responsibility would fall to State/Federal govt, but odds on, the maintenance of a key piece of convict heritage is probably thrust upon the council.

There is a need to do extensive stabilisation work along that area of the cliff face, I won't even ride a bike up there anymore. The work is extremely costly, I think the issue at present is that old chestnut "Who will pay?"

There's also a proposal to close the section of road down from the bridge, permanently to motor traffic and make it a bicycle only area.

Personally, I think it's a great idea, as it would remove bike riders from OBR and also from the GWH, as it is a much less circuitous and much safer route. It would also slow the damage that is occurring to Lennox bridge.

Obviously it would be gated in such a way to ensure it can be used by emergency services or as an emergency evacuation route.

I often ride the powerline trail between Wedmore road and Yellowmundee, and also down off Spurwood road (used to be called Long Angle?) in Mt Riv. It would be around 7-8 km from Mt riv to Yellowmundee, versus 23-25km on the existing road.

To build a proper road from Mt Riv to Cranebrook would be an enormous undertaking, a huge amount of material would have to displaced to even out the elevation change along the way. I couldn't see that getting off the ground at all with the short sighted State Governments and Green Group influences we have at play nowadays.

Edited by Daleo

• 1 year later...

Bad news for motorists. Speed doesn't equal danger, having drivers looking at their speedos every 2 seconds instead of the road is more dangerous IMO.

Safety cams are set to double also.

Edited by maxima

Time to get push bikes (lowriders preferably) put SKYLINE stickers on them and ride... cause soon we won't even be able to drive... the rules a getting a bit Hittler-ish IMO, and i know someone is BOUND to write.. "well, if you play by the rules you should be fine" But as much as i do because i'm not a hoon... sometimes mistakes are made. Good luck out there friends.

He sold the power generators yesterday, laid off 700 RailCorp workers the other week and is going to make driving around Sydney and bigger nightmare than it already is.

You have to think live GPS tracking is only a couple of years off now.

Will signage be installed warning motorists on the approach to the cameras?

There will be signage after the mobile speed camera vehicle to alert drivers that their speed has been checked so they have the opportunity to modify their behaviour. There will be no advance warning on the approach to cameras.

This, Is called a fine.