SAU Community

Gutting Skyline Doors

Luke_ENR34

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone had experience with the Bee-R carbon door cards?

Pricey but they look good quality. I am a little concerned they won't sit as flat as a simple aluminium skin, and might somewhat dictate side intrusion options for my cage builder. They look to have a similar shape to the factory 32 skin just without the armrest, pocket and speaker.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/bee-r-carbon-inner...-s15-ae86-54999

I was looking at getting them when my car was in the panel shop, the price is each, so very expensive! :) IF someone can get a pair at that price then they are a little more attractive

Yeah tell me about it - any local alternatives that you know of? I am sure I could sink the $1200 odd bucks somewhere else a little more useful.

Saw your beast out at racepace the other week - one of it not best looking GTSt around :)

Do you guys have cages? I do in mine and door trims just don't fit any more. I padded the intrusion bar and glued a soft backed carpet to the door.

Do you guys have cages? I do in mine and door trims just don't fit any more. I padded the intrusion bar and glued a soft backed carpet to the door.

A week or two off putting a full cage in. Stock trims definitely won't fit with side intrusion once its in!

Has anyone had experience with the Bee-R carbon door cards?

Pricey but they look good quality. I am a little concerned they won't sit as flat as a simple aluminium skin, and might somewhat dictate side intrusion options for my cage builder. They look to have a similar shape to the factory 32 skin just without the armrest, pocket and speaker.

http://www.rhdjapan.com/bee-r-carbon-inner...-s15-ae86-54999

I was looking at getting them when my car was in the panel shop, the price is each, so very expensive! :) IF someone can get a pair at that price then they are a little more attractive

thats not very expensive mate.

mine are worth over 2 grand

sunline racing japan mate.

there getting fitted shortly as soon as my carbon doors arrive :D

still have a nice streetable look to them as well, unlike the bee r ones

post-31553-1278559449_thumb.jpg

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32

They do look nice - they are definitely aimed at street cars though - far more intricate than the Bee-R ones which are aimed at caged cars.

The bottom of the sunline ones will interfere with cage side intrustion. My car is going dedicated tarmac rally and won't see the road so I want something basic and flat that won't interfere - Bee-R are the closest I have found in carbon short of just screwing a carbon or aluminium skin on to the door. $1.2k probably better spent on important things like tyres - saying that I will prob still get the Bee-R ones :)

Can't see the point of carbon door cards, may as well buy carbon doors and put in a thin aluminium skin or carbon fibre sheet.

Only thing is racing regs - tarmac rally panel modifications generally not allowed so have to run the standard doors. Carbon fibre sheet might be the go though.

Cool if you have 2k to spend on door cards, but in my books there is no way i can justify that amount of money to run door cards. Hell get some thin alcantara ro look alike material and just glue it to a raw door inner. Hell, way cheaper and lighter and more clearance....also give you the raw race car rattles :D

Saw your beast out at racepace the other week - one of it not best looking GTSt around :)

Cheers, its because I have not been around to bash it off tyres or set it on fire at the track the past two years :)

Can't see the point of carbon door cards, may as well buy carbon doors and put in a thin aluminium skin or carbon fibre sheet.

i have carbon doors on the way with a couple other body parts

They do look nice - they are definitely aimed at street cars though - far more intricate than the Bee-R ones which are aimed at caged cars.

The bottom of the sunline ones will interfere with cage side intrustion. My car is going dedicated tarmac rally and won't see the road so I want something basic and flat that won't interfere - Bee-R are the closest I have found in carbon short of just screwing a carbon or aluminium skin on to the door. $1.2k probably better spent on important things like tyres - saying that I will prob still get the Bee-R ones :)

my car is caged and they fit with my stock door cards so i dont see why these wont fit with it.

Cool if you have 2k to spend on door cards, but in my books there is no way i can justify that amount of money to run door cards. Hell get some thin alcantara ro look alike material and just glue it to a raw door inner. Hell, way cheaper and lighter and more clearance....also give you the raw race car rattles :D

Cheers, its because I have not been around to bash it off tyres or set it on fire at the track the past two years :)

thats fair enuff i guess, but each to there own i like carbon lol

I love carbon and if someone gave me a set they would be on my car like me on a drunk German chick packpacking through India! But, 2k is a set of tyres and a track day...or a pretty big weekend in Warsaw with the mental physical scars that will last a lifetime :)

Thats all ive managed to do so far. Dont really know how far to cut. :whistling:

You can go a lot further than that around the edges. even to the point of putting the door handle on the skin and cutting the steel away.

Also swiss cheese the end on the latch side.

It is a dedicated track car isnt it ??

• 3 weeks later...