SAU Community

Opinions On A Couple R34 Gtt's

Blazk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all, Just need some advice / Opinions on picking out a r34 GTT here are a couple.

Car 1

Car 2

Prob more to come.

Cheers.

they both look good. only comment id make is regarding redline shockproof gear oil - its made for gearboxes without synchros, when it gets used in a synchromesh gearbox it has a tendency to wear the synchros faster than usual - the redline non-shockproof stuff is pretty decent by all accounts but I only use mineral oil in the gearbox as per nissans recommendation

-D

Not fussed really on 2 or 4 doors. I do have a 2 year old daughter but its not gonna be an everyday kind of car. But its easy to flip a seat forward....and coupe looks tougher in my opinion :)

If you are after a super tough 4 door R34 PM "Evil34" - local guy and car. He is looking at selling soon and would be well worth a look!

indeed and a 4 door bears a tiny bit less po-po attention, esp when its without a spoiler

-D

I disagree Damo - I NEVER once was pulled over in 3 years of my R34 being my daily. and it was lowered, running on Gram Lights and had a GTR style front bar.

thats because u play stuff like shannon noll at full volume

cops know ur not a hoon

-D

Yeah id have to kinda agree, i havent been pulled over randomly in the time i have had ownership. Guess i was exaggerating a little :)

But i do disagree with a 4 door bearing lesser attention.

I dunno - when I first bought my R34 sedan 3 years back, I'd get pulled over every coupla months for a 'random breath test' or 'license check' ...

It doesn't happen so much these days, not entirely sure why... One cop did say that 'oh wow, its a sedan - nice' when he had pulled me over - does suggest they don't really notice, just see the Skyline badge/stove-top lights. That said, I don't seem to see as many police these days either (besides the undercover cop that sat up my ass for 10 minutes on Friday afternoon on the way home from work, trying to force me to speed - been meaning to call in his license plate as hoon actually, the way he was sitting up peoples asses, weaving in and out of traffic & sitting on 80kph on Grange rd ...)

Yeah id have to kinda agree, i havent been pulled over randomly in the time i have had ownership. Guess i was exaggerating a little :)

I've been pulled over twice in all the time I've driven the gtr as a daily

both times it was licence check, rego check and breatho

then they let me go. *shrug* maybe its the suit

-D

+1 :)

I got pulled over once in 2yrs since i had it for a quick license check and let go.

This was with huge wheels, slammed, stretched tyres etc.

Only when i put the cage in i got reamed lol

they both look good. only comment id make is regarding redline shockproof gear oil - its made for gearboxes without synchros, when it gets used in a synchromesh gearbox it has a tendency to wear the synchros faster than usual - the redline non-shockproof stuff is pretty decent by all accounts but I only use mineral oil in the gearbox as per nissans recommendation

-D

100% Redline is in use in my car , shockproof is for diff, it's too slippery for synchos to mesh(hence you will trash the synchro's). you have to use MTL or the proper weight oil in tranny ...!!!

and it's the only oil approved for F18 engines if your into trivia

I could recommend it over crap mineral oil, try and pour the two side by side in cold weather,or check the temp drop in all applications when you use Redline... :whistling:

Thanks for you replies guys and gals. Ive pm'd a couple of you. If anyone couple find any other r34 worth looking at online that would be great too.