SAU Community

Advice Regarding Dr30 Skylines

R33_Dude

Hi everyone I have come across a FJ20ET powered DR30 very cheap. It has a few problems but is running, rego'd and all original under the bonnet. 

My question is that given that it is not a RS Turbo model, what would be a reasonable price to expect for a DR30 given that it would be restored: i.e. repainted, re-sticker-ed, replaced interior/exterior trim, and given period mags? Essentially how much are people willing to pay for a mint example?

I have a choice at the moment of restoring an early soarer or this so any advice would be helpful, the only difference being this has rego and is not as ugly.

Thanks.

Forget the soarer...

This DR will be lighter, and much more nostalgic and fun!

D-limo has one for sale, I think he wanted $4000 or something. There was some interest, but nothing epic. (it needs alot of TLC, basically a short-term project car)

Any where from $3000 or so is a good price for a 'project' and $5000 and up for a driveable one. $10,000 is the best Ive seen a higly modified one go for, had a very sexy engine too

Okay site has been down or my computer fried and couldn't post.

The soarer is a GZ10, yes, and its in pretty decent condition.

Only space in the garage for one more sh!tter, er I mean project, unfortunately.

Its a coupe, it has minor rust patches but is for the most part an easy repairer. In Tassie it is cheap too - $4000 - and we normally get the raw end of the stick when it comes to prices.

The only problem left is the missus who prefers the soarer to the skyline... Anyone got some good arguments, shes a hard one to persuade :whistling:

Rust (boot, front guards mainly) and interior completeness/condition.. Two things to look for that will cost you in the long run. Think I've had 3x z10's :laugh: and on my 5th dr30.

Soarer is more of a cruiser, usually auto, heavier, no lsd.. when you drive even a stanadard dr you know its a sports car.

Tidy Soarer prices are gaining ground in Japan, as are dr30 but we've been waiting for the flow on effect for years.

Edited by D-limo

• 4 weeks later...