SAU Community

Spoiler! No Spoiler

jjskyline79

So what's the deal with all the Skylines with there spoiler removed.

Looks like someones stole them half the time with no attempt to make it good.

Dose it deter the cops if you remove it or is it to shave a few hundreths of a second off your 1/4 times

I think it looks a bit pony to be honest but just wondered why so many remove them.

Edited by jjskyline79

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i removed mine on my old 32, hated the standard sedan spoiler and ended up putting a gtr n1 lip spoiler

generally people will remove them for cosmetics, on 33s they need at least a duck wing otherwise they look shithouse

on the 33s it looks cleaner

but deffs needs a duck lip to fill the gap and make boot flush with the rear quarter panels

and yes can be more cop trouble if you didnt spend the extra time to properly fit another high mount break light.

Question should be why som many kids want a GTR spoiler on a '33 when the GTS-T spoiler looks much better and less cop bait.

Didn't know spoilers had so much affect on a car at 100kmp/h (the legal speed limit) and admit it, most of you never "track day" you rides.

Personally lip = best.

I want my stock GTR spoiler back on, cuz the previous owner took it off.

At least they did a good job with filling up the holes and repainting the whole boot lid again.

the only reason why i want a spoiler is so that my boot lid doesn't shoot up

yeah, jamies boot nearly ko'd me lol

im gona take the wing off my car when i get it, N1 lip ftw

IMO, GTRs without the GTR wing looks wrong. Yes, Jamie, I'm talking to you and your bald assed 32 :domokun:

personally i like the series 2 33 spoiler...dunno why you would take it off. Series 1 i understand... *shudder*

Cosmetics aside i find in a sedan or coupe its much easier to park with a wing...cuz then you know how far you have left to go without guessing :laugh: Hatches are easy cuz ur back window is exactly where the back of your car is...trickier with a boot.