SAU Community

R34 GT-T 1/4 Mile

i'm sure erik means well - i hope he's learned quite alot about cars because from the sounds of things we've had the same discussions over icq and msn! hahaha

not the best comparison photos, but you get some idea...

before:

aaj.jpg

after:

aay.jpg

I can't quantify exactly how many seconds the suspension mods have given me, but from my first time down to my 3rd time down i've taken off about 4 to 5 seconds.

This has been with the aid of both suspension, power and an excellent choice of tyres ;) i've increased perhaps 10-15kw at the wheels? since my first time down - but i'm limited to my damn stock turbo!!!

Are you after a drag setup or a circuit setup? i can give you some advice on circuit setup for the GTT if you're interested...i've had 2 goes at and im nearly there!!!

I'm more interested in not getting flogged by chipped commodores! Seriously though, I'd be interested in doing a few 400 runs...maybe not track, I don't want to push my luck with this setup just yet. Overall though it's my daily driver, so it's more of a street application with hints of fun ;)

Dan

lol.. hehe..

believe it erika ;) there was nothing especially crazy about the car (just the driver maybe :)).. and Dale's was similar at the time.. see nismor34 had the better time, but then he came over and said "you should adjust the timing a bit might make a diff".. did it there on the spot and then 5 mins later r34gtt-r got a better time. but it was all good fun. It was a few months ago when i lived in melb. oh it had a carbon fibre bonnet too (woop).

i don't see why you couldn't get that time if a stock 33 can get low 14's.. with the NEO engine which is slightly more powerful (i think its 205kw fly stock as opposed to 175kw for a 33). The engine is only a few years old too so will prolly be running smoother than a 10 year old 33 as well.

• 3 weeks later...