SAU Community

Whats The Best Alarm To Get

Nevra

Whats a good alarm, around 400 bucks, aussie insurance approved, basic functions (central locking- alarm- imobiliser- good code randomisation etc) must have single colour wiring loom.

Must have a good quality remote!

I will be installing it. I live in Tassie and i don't trust any of the local installers as far as I can kick them.

Cheers

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats a good alarm, around 400 bucks, aussie insurance approved, basic functions (central locking- alarm- imobiliser- good code randomisation etc) must have single colour wiring loom.

Must have a good quality remote!

I will be installing it. I live in Tassie and i don't trust any of the local installers as far as I can kick them.

Cheers

Justin

shoot me a PM . I'll sell you a decent one :huh:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
what makes a good alarm?

ADR compliant.

Any alarm that has all balck wiring, minimum 2pt immobilizer, flashing LED to deter theifs, protection for doors, boot, bonnet...

as long as its ADR compliant and installed properly then you wont have any issues

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys im in need of a immobiliser/alarm and also a turbo timer for my gt-t.

ive been told u can get 3 in 1 device (immobiliser+alarm+turbo timer) or something?

just wondering if thats a good way to go or better to get them seperarely?

thanks

• 3 months later...

Best alarm money can buy - Trunk Monkies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwKSMxls9YU

Chris, I'm very disappointed that you didn't offer this as an option when I got my alarm installed by you. Do you have any idea how much I want a monkey? Especially one that comes with my car? I could take it out at the pub and hilarity would be had by all!

Chris, I'm very disappointed that you didn't offer this as an option when I got my alarm installed by you. Do you have any idea how much I want a monkey? Especially one that comes with my car? I could take it out at the pub and hilarity would be had by all!

nah they need to be fed regularly. something you may forget to then they get annoyed and attack YOU.. :P

How about making the alarm custom?

Instead of "BEEP,BEEP" sound when activated, "KARR,KARR" sound of a monkey comes out. :D

nah they need to be fed regularly. something you may forget to then they get annoyed and attack YOU.. :P

It could have all the delicious ribs and beer it wanted! A drunk monkey with a taste for flesh would be funnier and easier to handle than half the roid munching douche's I deal with normally :P

Looking to get alarm installed in Perth. ATM have unknown Autowatch model that someone butchered (no siren under bonnet, in-cabin sensors all damaged, spagetti under steering column etc.) Can someone recommend Pro installer in Perth please.

Thank You

I recently got the Viper 855vx installed in my 33 and it's an Australian standard alarm with all black wiring and immobilizer :)

It's a 3 point system and also doesn't interfer with my turbo timer, it's got the window sensors so if a window gets smashed the alarm will go off.

It cost me just under $600 installed and that included getting the remote central locking installed.