SAU Community

Aps Single Turbo Kit

Hey does anyone know if the aps single turbo kit for g35 coupe will fit the v35 coupe??? I havent seen a single turbo one in aus and i am wondering if they dont fit the RHD model. Also if anyone knows if the aps piggyback ecu works with the v35. I want to go single turbo because its cheaper, easier to fit and the power characteristics suit my driving(I want a bit of lag because i want to use it as a daily). Cheers

first time I saw APS kit in flesh was on a 350Z @ one of the Sandown drive day.

I dunno how they do it in single turbo, does that mean the turbo is driven only by exhaust gas from 3 cylinders?

IMHO the TT setup was better as you can put 2 smaller, responsive turbos driven by 3 cylinders each.

you'd want more response on daily basics... lag at low end with high top end is good for drag race strip,

in traffic, with lag, you'd find it very painful if you need to overtake, swap lanes and do a zippy manouvre etc.

The only way a 3.5 will have lag is if you go overboard on the turbo, 800hp or more. What sort of power are you going for? The stock rods wont like over 400.

Most of the single turbo kits I have seen place it where the airbox usually fits, where as the stock turbo VQ's run it down low next to the starter like the twin kits. There is enough room there perhaps for a gt35 but nobody is making a single kit that fits there so it would have to be a custom setup.

Single turbo on a V shaped engine. The exhaust from the far bank is piped around the back of the engine to join onto the turbo manifold. It is a little unbalanced but it works.

I'm going to guess that the only real difference in the engine bay between the G35 and the V35 is the position of the steering column, as the brake/clutch masters are behind the partition in the firewall.

Assuming that, the only problem should be the exhaust pipe that runs behind the motor which should be easily solved by getting an exhaust shop to make a new pipe to suit.

I'm looking into the Greddy twin kit, but my concern is that the manifold/turbo will foul on the column, which is going to be a bit more difficult to solve on the spot.

APS single turbo kit was made for the LHD market. It won't fit RHD as the manifolds won't clear the steering rack assembly. Your best bet is adapting a single turbo kit for the 350Z from HKS, which shouldn't be too difficult.

APS single turbo kit was made for the LHD market. It won't fit RHD as the manifolds won't clear the steering rack assembly. Your best bet is adapting a single turbo kit for the 350Z from HKS, which shouldn't be too difficult.

Hey won't it be ok because it uses the stock exhaust manifolds?, I would imagine since the US cats and exhausts fit the aus model the headers should end in exactly the same place, i am more worried about the fact that it is a low mount turbo and i am not sure if there are any things behind the left exhaust manifold that wouldnt be on the g35, the turbo gets mounted on the left hand side so i would assume that the steering rack in a v35 would be on the right had side and shouldnt be an issue(but feel free to correct me as i am only making assumptions).