SAU Community

How to turbo your N/A

No worries, some people have tried using the DE ecu on the DE+T with not-so-good results. They don't have fuel or timing maps to suit the turbo and cause problems. It could be that the extra .5 litre is pushing the RB20 ECU near R&R (extra %25 airflow, even at the same boost) causing your excess fuel usage? Or even if the ECU constantly thinks the car is on boost and richens up accordingly? A re-map/tune will definitely help in all fields...

thanks josh will try the rb25 ecu first and if the results are not favourable will look into a tune. will let you know how i go

jase

• 1 month later...

Il be honest I may have skipped through most pages, but is this still going to work all the same for 4wd skyline?

Ill be honest; I may have skipped the entire post, but I'm going to say yes.

You have an RB25DE, correct?

Grab yourself the computer from a GTS4, and if you're just going to +t your n/a, the parts will be the same.

I was quoted around $1549 for a Stagea RB25DET NEO by SSS Automotive. Definitely a LOT cheaper as NISMO said, even if you were putting one in a RWD and modifying the RWD SUMP to fit (oil pickup issue). Unfortunately it was sold within the next day so they can go as quick too!

Also read somewhere the Stagea NEO Block is stronger, more reminiscent of an RB26 block obviously with 100cc less... Not sure how true this is but definitely a bonus if true.

I was quoted around $1549 for a Stagea RB25DET NEO by SSS Automotive. Definitely a LOT cheaper as NISMO said, even if you were putting one in a RWD and modifying the RWD SUMP to fit (oil pickup issue). Unfortunately it was sold within the next day so they can go as quick too!

Also read somewhere the Stagea NEO Block is stronger, more reminiscent of an RB26 block obviously with 100cc less... Not sure how true this is but definitely a bonus if true.

Neo's have rb26 rods. That's the only difference in the bottom end. They still have the narrow oil pump drive

• 1 month later...

If anyone's in NSW and considering doing this conversion, I've got some parts for sale over here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/386550-na-t-conversion-parts/

Pretty much everything you need besides the front/dump, and pipe to throttle body and of course uprated fuel pump. Lines are already sorted for R34 Conversion =]

If anyone is still interested in carrying out this conversion, I've got a thread over in the For Sale Section with pretty much all the parts needed besides a few items. All good for R34 Conversion too.

• 2 months later...

doing a na+t conversion, can i use a factory gtst ecu if im running all standard gtst parts except high compression head?

If you mean bolting all the GTST gear to your stock motor, then yes. So long as you're changing the injectors to 370cc GTST items. This is what mine's currently using for nearly a year now still strong. Just don't expect to be able to wind in 10psi and get the same gains as a 25DET. And if you're going to use a stock untuned ECU, be sure to always run 98 ron fuel.....

If you mean bolting all the GTST gear to your stock motor, then yes. So long as you're changing the injectors to 370cc GTST items. This is what mine's currently using for nearly a year now still strong. Just don't expect to be able to wind in 10psi and get the same gains as a 25DET. And if you're going to use a stock untuned ECU, be sure to always run 98 ron fuel.....

As he has said is fine provided you have the gtst injectors and afm. as for adding in a few psi and not getting as much as a Gtst - well I got more - as long as you have a good free flowing exhaust why don't you think you'd get as much as a gtst?

Hi guys I was wondering what your fuel economy is like now compared to before and compared to a normal factory Turbo? I am leaning towards a full engine swap but I like the idea of having the benefits of an NA for good throttle response.

Hi guys I was wondering what your fuel economy is like now compared to before and compared to a normal factory Turbo? I am leaning towards a full engine swap but I like the idea of having the benefits of an NA for good throttle response.