SAU Community

R32 Hicas Sign

hey i have a 32 gtr and today i turned my car off, when the turbo timer turned on in the dash there is a sign called hicas. its on top off the battery light, it started flicking and also there was a knocking noise.

does anyone no what that sign means or anything about it. thanks

hey i have a 32 gtr and today i turned my car off, when the turbo timer turned on in the dash there is a sign called hicas. its on top off the battery light, it started flicking and also there was a knocking noise.

does anyone no what that sign means or anything about it. thanks

Hicas is your all wheel steer system. It may flicker because you have low steering oil or if you have it electrically locked out your wires or blocker may have become loose

Since it's an aftermarket add on it can vary but mine is in my trunk. It's just a little box probably 1cm by 1cm. Did your light stay on after you turned your car off then on again? If it turned off I probably would even bother with it. Mine turned on after a few drifted turns or if I had parked on a steep incline.

I belive if it's not on while the vehicle is on it's not an active code so it might be tuff to track down why it started turning itself on. So it's only on when your key is in the on position with the car off? Is your all wheel steer locked out?