SAU Community

Just Picked Up A 33 Gtr From The Auctions

schnorky

Hey everyone just bought a r33 at the auctions :D it went for verycheap soni couldn't resist

R33 gtr

103xxx ks

No accident history :revs: and bought from a dealer

So these are my main things

Firstly is the motor is ticking alot. The motor revs out fine no missing etc, The dealer said he doesn't no when it was services last and recons the oil

Is too thin for the motor.. It happined to me before so that didn't worry me . I just serviced it today new

Plugs new oil filter (10-40w royal purple) and it's still ticking not so much as before but still there, havnt taken it

For a drive yet just turned it in for 10 or so mins.

Secondly is the bovs. I can't here the schoooosh that it's ment to make but at huger revs I can hear dose. Pulled the front bar off intercooler etc cleaned all the piping and assembled back together and still doing it. What's causing the dose???

Thirdly vibration: I've uploaded a video I hope this help but between say 1200rpm and 1800rpm there is a strong vibration

That travels into the cabin. But after 2k it's fine all the way through I was think engine mount or somthing?

And lastly suspension knock , there is a slight knock some where in the front right if the car, only happind when driving straight and

Turning right, bushing?

If anyone can help but troubled

Cheers everyone :P

you are used to the stock GTsT whipper snipper BOV?

GTR sounds nothing like it,

you like the flutter or you want to stop it?

there is a sound deadener/padding inside the airbox, check this is still there,

Ticking could be a noisy lifter; does it sound like a diesel engine at idle but you can't hear it when you rev it?

GTR bov's sound nothing like GTST bov's, but what you're hearing isn't dose.

Checking the mounts this week still does it clutch in or out

And yes sounds like a diesel motor when idle ing can sorta hear it when reved up.

My main concern is the vibration.

It's more inside vibration then out side and only between 1200-1800 rpm it's werid

TBH with the problems you are describing, i would take it straight to a local mechanic who is familiar with GTR's. The sounds you are describing could be anything from injectors to bearing knock, if so every km you drive it is doing more damage.

It's more inside vibration then out side and only between 1200-1800 rpm it's werid

Sounds like something inside the cabin (door/dash panel, etc.) is hitting its natural frequency which will cause it to resonant. This is usually a result of mechanical looseness. Go over all your interior trims and make sure the bolts/pins are secured properly.

Everything feels in place and firm ;)

Definatly something from the motor side replacing all mounts tomorrow and will see how it goes

So the bovs and sussy knock is sorted

Anyone have advice for the ticking?

Cheers

TBH with the problems you are describing, i would take it straight to a local mechanic who is familiar with GTR's. The sounds you are describing could be anything from injectors to bearing knock, if so every km you drive it is doing more damage.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Rather than speculating, and considering you don't know the cars history, get it to a reputable GTR workshop and have them complete a major service and comprehensive checkover.