SAU Community

(tsc)torque Split Controller For Gtr R33..

Couple of quick questions... and befoore you ask i have alread done a heap of seaching over the net.

Looking at purchasing either a HKS or similar branded Tourque Split Controller, i understand how they work i just want to know if it is possible to use them in a full 0%front/100%rear setup without doing any damage to the transfer case ect.. or if there is a minimum amount of touque that should be sent to the front ??

I dont want to run with a 0/100 set up all the time, only every now and then for some fun but not at the expense of doing damage, i was thinking if i got a TSC that i could set up with a 10% front/ 90% rear tourque split it would still allow me to drift without doing any damage or am i completely of the mark?

I only ask this because i no its not a problem to turn it completley off on the R32's but have heard it is not so good for the R33's.

Any help would be great.

Cheers Matt

A couple of things:

Almost every torque split controller does not let you set a fixed torque percentage. They just allow you to increase the amount of front torque over what the attessa system would do on it's own. The HKS Kansai controller is the only one I am aware of that lets you do a fixed split

R33's attessa pump has some pressure in the line at all times, this means it is always running at least a little front torque. It has been proven over and over again that the only safe way to run 2wd in a 33/34 is to remove the front driveshaft - luckily that only takes 5 min and 4 bolts.

The 2WD mode from the manual works 100% and does not damage anything.

I have confirmed on the hoist and on the street there is no preload on the transfer case when in 2WD mode. I also was in 2WD for the whole weekend at Powercruise and nothing is broken.

R33's attessa pump has some pressure in the line at all times, this means it is always running at least a little front torque. It has been proven over and over again that the only safe way to run 2wd in a 33/34 is to remove the front driveshaft - luckily that only takes 5 min and 4 bolts.

Bit longer than that Dunc.. You need to remove a horizontal chassis brace and the clutch slave cylinder too. You will also need a very slim ring spanner to get the nuts off. Tip get a cheapo spanner and grind away some material around the ring, and use a second spanner for leverage if the bolts have never been off before (very tight).

Beware though, you may have to bleed attessa after putting the shaft back in. I can't confirm that for sure, but it has been suggested to me since putting the shaft back in and not getting enough torque to the front that i need to bleed mine. I will confirm that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Embrace the freedom of casual encounters on the best dating app in town! Verified Maidens Superlative Сasual Dating
    • Slimline sub on the rear parcel shelf is doable. Pioneer TS-WX140DA is only 70mm high.   
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.
    • Easiest way to know is to break out the multimeter and measure it when cold, then measure all the resistances again once it gets hot enough to misfire. Both the original ignitor and the J Replace version. Factory service manual will have the spec for the terminal measurements.