SAU Community

Upgrading R33 Gtr Suspension And Z32 Afm

hey guys i have 33 gtr.. it already has good coilovers in it but im looking to improve the handling a bit more i just wanted to no what the next step is?? how much is to be gained by installing bigger sway bars??

also i have heard mixed reports on weather or not i need to install z32 air flow meters when pushing over 300awkw??

any help would be appreciated cheers

Ryan

The point of swaybars is to balance the handling so it neither favors understeer or oversteer, since the GTRs are nose heavy (like a FWD) they benefit from a thicker (or stiffer setting if adjustable) swaybar up front and a smaller swaybar (or softer setting if adjustable) up back. But GTR swaybars are pretty decent in my opinion (Whiteline/Selby adj. bars weigh a tonne since they are solid bars, completely up to you if you want to add that weight), you can dial in the balance by adjusting the damper settings on your coilovers (it's what I do) having different setting front and back.

Stock AFMs only support about 300kw, but please search on this subject as I don't want to repeat info I've already posted time after time in other threads.

The point of swaybars is to balance the handling so it neither favors understeer or oversteer, since the GTRs are nose heavy (like a FWD) they benefit from a thicker (or stiffer setting if adjustable) swaybar up front and a smaller swaybar (or softer setting if adjustable) up back. But GTR swaybars are pretty decent in my opinion (Whiteline/Selby adj. bars weigh a tonne since they are solid bars, completely up to you if you want to add that weight), you can dial in the balance by adjusting the damper settings on your coilovers (it's what I do) having different setting front and back.

Stock AFMs only support about 300kw, but please search on this subject as I don't want to repeat info I've already posted time after time in other threads.

Upsde down Miss Jane.

The fat swaybar needs to be at the rear, the thin one at the front. Stock sway bars are hopeless when married to high spring rates.