SAU Community

High Performance Driving Course (mallala)

V35-2005

sounds like it was a fun day out there. well the rain made it exciting for a few people also don't forget that with the rain the track temps would have been lower. so michael those temps would be getting up there on a warmish day. i personally run the A1RM's on my car and for me they didn't need to be cooled down after 3 hot laps mate. i was doing 10 hot lap sessions and there was no brake fade or it felt like it needed to be cooled down.

i remember my first time out there and the whole day i managed a best lap of 1:28:xxx and that was on street tires etc.

You weren't pushing hard enough ;)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to bag the A1RM's completely, they held up quite well to the task. and they're right on the money being a transition pad between street and track.

Yeah Madaz you're right the car is heavier than a GTS-t and has 350kw.

Even the instructor noticed small brake fade after 2 laps but he was pushing much harder than me.

The only place i found the brakes to fade was after the hairpin coming around the sweeper and braking into the esses, two big stops in a row was a little hard on the brakes.

Cant wait for the next track day, clutch is being installed later on this week! its slipping bad on takeoff.

I'm not trying to bag the A1RM's completely, they held up quite well to the task. and they're right on the money being a transition pad between street and track.

Yeah Madaz you're right the car is heavier than a GTS-t and has 350kw.

Even the instructor noticed small brake fade after 2 laps but he was pushing much harder than me.

The only place i found the brakes to fade was after the hairpin coming around the sweeper and braking into the esses, two big stops in a row was a little hard on the brakes.

Cant wait for the next track day, clutch is being installed later on this week! its slipping bad on takeoff.

I didn't say that you were bagging the A1RM's mate. It was more of a wow factor that you felt brake fade and i with others didn't? do you have braided brake lines?? if not then seriously look into it and some DOT 5 fluid. That will help a lot with the brakes

I didn't say that you were bagging the A1RM's mate. It was more of a wow factor that you felt brake fade and i with others didn't? do you have braided brake lines?? if not then seriously look into it and some DOT 5 fluid. That will help a lot with the brakes

Yeah i had braided lines made up, the HEL ones didnt fit properly apparently so the bloke who removed my ABS sourced some ADR approved ones.

I'm running Martini GS 610 brake fluid in the car, so it should most definitely be up to the task.

Hey Michael do you have your rotors slotted?

Nah the rotors are std ones, they were low on material too, some were .5mm and others were .2mm off minimum thickness.

I'm also still running the stone guards, will be cutting them off when i put on some RDA slotted rotors. will be going for the RDA ones because they're probably best value for money. haven't heard stories of them cracking.

Has anyone run Hawk HT-10 pads before?

i'm looking into buying some for track days from the US, they're too expensive here, i can save an easy $100 each end on buying from the US

I think you will find that if you have slotted rotors you will get to run longer before you have fading issues. The slots will help remove any glazing that the high temps will cause as well as not allowing the outer surface to get as hot as the outer most material will be constantly removed. Also the slots release the gas pressure that builds up between the pad and the rotor on heavy braking.

lol thats a pretty big call to make helslo :(

i was doing those times consistently ;)

consistantly slow by the sounds of it. michael on here did consistant 1:28s on his first day with front mount, exhaust and coils in his 34 GTT

Did you Have to be a sausa member to do this special track day? As I enquired about this on the first page, asked to be added to the list of ppl keen but got no response? Woulda loved to do this.. But didn't hear from anyone

Did you Have to be a sausa member to do this special track day? As I enquired about this on the first page, asked to be added to the list of ppl keen but got no response? Woulda loved to do this.. But didn't hear from anyone

i think it was open to anyone on the forums here in SA

Oh ok yeh though so but I asked to be added to the list then heard nothing back.. Oh well next time maybe

Sorry bud, honestly missed your post. Had you said something earlier, could have fixed that :)

Apologies

Saved myself $450 odd dollars tho lol.. Woulda been a great experience.

Yeh well I woulda said something earlier but I've had a bit on my mind nd that slipped haha