SAU Community

Available Compliance Workshops

Glitch

Hi all,

I've been reading up on the site for sometime now and have finally decided to register and pitch a question.

My fiance and I are looking at importing a later model PNM35 Stagea, 3.5L NA, not fussed if its Auto or Manual (though i know Manuals are rare and rather expensive).

The question is if there are any other RAWs offering compliance for the PMN35 or is North Shore Prestige the only ones at the moment? Am I correct in saying that they will only comply cars they have themselves imported too?

Any help or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

~Dom

Edited by Glitch

^^^ He only does VQ25DET. To the best of my knowledge, Northshore are the only ones with emissions evidence to plate PM35s currently.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Also, does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that they wont comply a vehicle they themselves did not import? They dont currently stock an example of what we're after but im not sure on their prices either; they seem a little high imo.

^^^ He only does VQ25DET. To the best of my knowledge, Northshore are the only ones with emissions evidence to plate PM35s currently.

Yes that's correct. Nth Shore Prestige are the only ones that hold evidence to plate PM and PNM35's.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Also, does anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that they wont comply a vehicle they themselves did not import? They dont currently stock an example of what we're after but im not sure on their prices either; they seem a little high imo.

Why don't you call them yourself and ask?

I have spoken to Ben recently about having them import a PNM35 for me and how much on top of the FOB price it would cost me, but he very, very reluctant to say... which I take as unwilling to do so.

If you prefer a less direct approach to contacting Northshore, register at www.m35Stagea.info and PM him there.

As an aside, I have either bought or had a hand in the purchase of 5x M35's from Northshore and have nothing but the best to say about their service and cars.

Only 5 cars....?!

Yeah, what said above is true to my knowledge, but there is a Mystery car popped up, up here that I can't explain. The PNM35 is a great car, the NM35 guys will hate me for it, but when I drove both, the Series 2 just seemed so much more rounded and nice to drive. Def. a better interior, and a fair bit more parts support with a VQ35de.

Talk to Ben. He might be a bit scattered atm, they are moving premise about 6 km up the road. He'll point you in the right direction!

+1 happy customer!

edit for link...

Edited by PN-Mad

lol... we don't hate you for it Alex, it is a newer model so it should be more rounded.

Best be careful with other brokers advertising the availability of the PM35 Stagea's... I seem to recall J-Spec have advertised on two separate occasions that Stagea's were available when they clearly weren't (2004 build VQ25det - cannot pass emissions and they advertised the VQ35de Stageas availability last year based on a dodgy workshop lol)

Just raising it so past mistakes are not repeated by buyers that are unaware of the situation.

For Nth Shore Prestige with other workshops having evidence for PNM35 at the auctions they have competition to a certain extent as it isn't a common car, they committed the money to get them approved so to keep there bussiness viable in my view they have made a good bussiness decision.

I guess there is a difference between advertised online generically (with jap pics or whatever i.e JSpec) and actually having the Car in Brisbane.

Possibly great big stuff up...who knows?

Why don't you call them yourself and ask?

I have spoken to Ben recently about having them import a PNM35 for me and how much on top of the FOB price it would cost me, but he very, very reluctant to say... which I take as unwilling to do so.

If you prefer a less direct approach to contacting Northshore, register at www.m35Stagea.info and PM him there.

As an aside, I have either bought or had a hand in the purchase of 5x M35's from Northshore and have nothing but the best to say about their service and cars.

Not a bad idea, kind sir. :devil:

Thanks for your opinion too, appreciate it.

Thanks for the opinions and help guys, really appreciate it.

I'll be giving North Shore a call shortly to query if they will comply a car that they didnt import themselves and post up the results.

Once again, many thanks :devil:

Well,

I've just gotten off the phone with Ben who advised that they are not offering compliance at this stage for cars they themselves haven't imported.

North Shore would be happy to locate a suitable vehicle and import it but it would be priced as if it were one of their stock and couldn't give me an estimate of their service fee as such.

Might have to have a word with the missus regards what we're actually after and search for an appropriate example for them to source.

:whistling:

fair enough if you ask me. it make the most sense from their perspective. it would be nice though if they'd at least quote a fixed 'margin' above car cost etc so you can figure out what kind of car you can buy FOB to end up at a landed and complied cost but I guess they like a bit of mystery.