SAU Community

Info On A Nismo Ecu

hi i wasnt really sure where to post this but there are alot of topics on ecu's in here so i hope its ok.

i have an r34gtr and had a look at my ecu and found this:

post-41669-1286794626_thumb.jpg

post-41669-1286794752_thumb.jpg

was wondering if anyone could shed some more light on this eg. if its tuneable here and stuff like that.

thanks.

scott.

Its funny, you guys think they are worth nothing yet some people are paying big bucks to import them for newer VQ powered cars, mainly as there are no other options. These ecu's sell for 2k new so there must be a lot of r+d in them unfortunately the fuel is different and the map cant be changed over here. The minute a remap is released for my car, these will be worth nothing again as you say.

Probably because Nismo think it's the same as Euro stuff :down:

Sadly the software/part's doesnt cost anywhere near as much as the Bosch ECU gear (like in Audi/VW Gti's etc), so i cannot see how they are justifying a $1500 flash tune.

I can understand the Euro stuff given the software & codes/license costs big $$...

So doesnt neccesarily mean there is a lot of R&D within the tunes in my book.

yeah it would just be a remap of the std maps to suit fuel, boost up and speed cut removal most likely

its better than the std ECU by far but once you do other mods its time to retune anyway

so whilst your on stock turbos and a bit of a boost up its probably fine

there might be some more midrange / max power gains by a full standalone tune however

do a bit of research before you go flogging it scotty... i searched for about 2 mins and have seen a couple of people that said that map is 100 ron

the sticker on the ecu does say to use premium fuel only. it seems to be running fine on bp ultimate though, but ill try and take it a bit more easy until i go to my mechanics.

yeah it would just be a remap of the std maps to suit fuel, boost up and speed cut removal most likely

its better than the std ECU by far but once you do other mods its time to retune anyway

so whilst your on stock turbos and a bit of a boost up its probably fine

there might be some more midrange / max power gains by a full standalone tune however

ok no probs, the boost restrictor was removed so it runs over 1 bar which other r34 gtr owners said is normal so thats good. maybe the previous owner got nismo turbo's installed as well lol.

doesnt make sense if you think about it

if you have a 34R with aftermarket turbos why would you sell it at the base model price

surely you would jack the price up higher referencing the aftermarket turbochagers etc

doesnt make sense if you think about it

if you have a 34R with aftermarket turbos why would you sell it at the base model price

surely you would jack the price up higher referencing the aftermarket turbochagers etc

i got it in a jap auction with the help of iron chef imports. he knew i was looking for a r34 gtr and he sent me an email with this one that one of his guys got at auction over there and asked if i was interested. so of course i said yes. it probably doesnt have aftermarket turbo's but i can still wish lol.

Best bet is to go to your local nistune guy and suck the timing and fuelling settings out to analyse it, i have had some come in that are PERFECT ie i have charged for a dyno run only as they were so good it was a rort to charge for a tune.

Other times they are rich and advanced too much.

PS its not tunable, once off unfortunately.