SAU Community

Deca Fun Day!!

Al

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yeah, second question... wil i be tutored on the art of dorifto.... coz I can barely do a burnout with finess (maybe that's related to my lack of power). Do we get a guide or a tutor for our excusions onto the track/pan?
Am................NO.

This is not a Drift practice day and for 50 bux what do you expect.

Read the opening post, all events are catered around handling, in the wet and dry. Don't get me wrong, people are more than welcome to have fun and hang the arse end out at every corner. The the idea of the day is to just legally play around and take your car to your controlled (and uncontrolled, on the skid pan) limits, it is NOT a training day.

Power is not an issue as the huge skid pan will be wet in some areas and the hand-brake is a lovely thing to us on an vast open area.

*coff* 25T thank you... i'll ip shivam a new hole when I get it too... then he can take pics of my tail lights... but I digress.

Put me down as a tentative yes depending on my exams (they're in June as well). I'll give you a definitive answer by the end of the week.

People you are only IN once you have:

1/ Sent me your e-mail address

2/ Filled in the form you receive back by e-mail

3/ The Northern Street Cruizes' Treasurer has received your form and funds.

See all you guys there......I have paid $$$$$$$! Should be a good day. :P

Was great to meet you at the NCS club meeting :D

Glad to hear that you are confirmed. As Jossiette said you will be recieving the confirmation details in the mail.

Hey guys sounds like a great event.

I'm the secretary of the Shepparton & District Car Club and we have held numerous events from sprint meetings to motorkhana's on the back track and on the skid pan over the years. In fact we have a motorkhana on this Sunday for participants in the "wheels of time" festival.

We were forced to cancel our last sprint meeting due to be held on the back track which is one scary track with an awesome crest following onto a dip and a left hand corner because DECA has recently put "armaco" on the corner at the end of the front straight to protect newly built houses.

I have personally come off that corner twice and I can say it is so easy to do. We had chicanes in the middle of the front and back straights to keep speeds down and to get CAMS approval and it was still possible to be going fast enough by this corner to lose it big time.

The agreement with DECA is simply if you hit the "armaco" you pay for it and it costs a shit load. So it would be important to figure out if the organisers will cover the cost or the person who hits it does.

I'm not trying to spoil your event, but I'd hate you to get there and have DECA tell you NO WAY when they find out your exact plans.

I'd double check this and if the event goes ahead which I hope it does in some form I'll definately be out there for a look.

Regards Shane.

Shane rest asured, Northern Street Cruizers is not an amature club and the event is covered by public liabilty insurance. We are fully aware of the armaco fixtures and are planning to put more than one chicane (looking at about 3) to control the speed, and a time penalty for anyone that hits the witches hats.

At the end of the day it is up to the driver to be sensable and drive within their limits. This is nowhere near as damaging/dangerous as driving through the Great Ocean Road. On the GOR you have a cliff face on one side and the armaco on the other, not to mention the dampness, dirt, rocks, etc., on the road, due to it's geographical location. DECA is a controlled environment which is going to be made more controlled once we lay out the track.

The idea is to have fun and drive home at the end of the day.

The management at DECA have been fully briefed on our activites and the days events.

Alan

The club has sourced it's own Public Liability insurance policy for the event (not a cheap thing to do), but we wouldn't do it without it.

Shane,

We have previously heard about your event running this weekend and would like to ask your permission for the club commity to enter the venue to finalize the finner details/layout of the courses. We promise to not cause any interuptions to your day and will work descreetly in the background.

Alan

Shane,

We have previously heard about your event running this weekend and would like to ask your permission for the club commity to enter the venue to finalize the finner details/layout of the courses.  We promise to not cause any interuptions to your day and will work descreetly in the background.

Alan

Sorry, didn't catch the message before the weekend. The "Wheels of time" is a seperate event which we usually have a static display in. After last year of sitting around we decided it wasn't worth sitting out at DECA unless we could run a motorkhana as a display to the crowd of what we do.

It went off well, mostly club entries with a few other participants from other "wheels of time" displays.

You can go out to DECA at any time thru the week and if you asked at the office I would be very surprised if they didn't let you have a look around. I don't know if they are open every weekend but most times I drive past there is someone out there, the other day it was some mazda or mx-5 club.

I organised an event out at DECA thru our club last year which was a series of motorkhanas that went from mid-day to midnight (headlights only after dark). Some of the motorkhana's used the whole skid pan area, plenty of big corners to drift if u like.

We tried to attract some of the young guys here in Shepparton to join in and had a no-commitment come-and-try entry. The trouble is nearly the whole entry fee goes to CAMS as 1-day-insurance for these "non CAMS members".

We got a big crowd, a decent number of entries but twice as many guys parked their cars like it was a show-n-shine and sat there and watched.

We didn't make much out of it and spent alot of time running around stopping burn-outs etc...