SAU Community

R33 Series 1.5 1995- Needing New Keys. Plz Help.

juzz

Hello there,

Unfortunately 2 weekends ago my partners 2005 Holden rodeo company car caught fire while driving and blew up 1 minute later and burnt to the ground. Unluckily for me my handbag among other things burnt down also, most importantly the keys to my R33 were in the car which has my central locking button and the ONLY key to my car.

I was trying to source an ignition barrel and new locks etc for the car but was then told i can cut a key from the door lock if provided to a locksmith. I spoke to a locksmith and it is do-able but he was not sure whether the cars key had a chip in it or not, they're called transponders i believe. Im hoping the key doesn't because if it does the car needs to be reprogrammed.

So, Im asking if someone can tell me whether or not a 1995 series 1.5 Skyline's key has a chip in it or not or give me some more info into how i can go around this issue? Car also has immobilizer and alarm and i am not sure if the system is factory or aftermarket.

Thanks.

Also, for people viewing pleasure :).

post-60077-1287452675_thumb.jpg

it's likely the key wasn't damaged in the fire. the plastic end would have burnt off but the melt shouldn't have melted.

skyline keys are just keys, if you copy the key it ll work. however, im unsure how the remote locking system works. you ll probably be required to reprogram that with a new remote.

it's likely the key wasn't damaged in the fire. the plastic end would have burnt off but the melt shouldn't have melted.

skyline keys are just keys, if you copy the key it ll work. however, im unsure how the remote locking system works. you ll probably be required to reprogram that with a new remote.

The key will never be found the dash melted and fused to the floor my bag was in the foot well of the car. Its gone.

Im thinking with the central locking i might have to replace or yeah try and reprogram that, which ever one is cheaper i guess.

theres no transponder in the key, its just a normal key

the remote locking would be a std remote central locking on a specific freqency/signal

either copy it or replace with an aftermarket one

ha. who needs a key to break into a r33 anyway?

haha yeh we broke into it within 1 minute with a coat hanger lol. Car is open now i will take the door lock off tomoz and get the key cut for it. Easier.

Thanks all for the help. Cant wait to have my car back.

On the topic of keys, Nismo key blanks seem obsolete.. is that right?

Yea last I checked its been discountinued there was a thread on it awhile back and it seems like everyone is sold out now. You can pick up a GT-R key from the US for about $35 at the awesome exchange rate, I'm not exactly a fan of people getting GT-R labeled things for their non-GTR but I wont judge :thumbsup:...plus I cant really talk now that I wear the SAU jumper...

just another pic for fun...Company is doing a full investigation on Rodeos to prevent it possibly happening to another car. Luckily my partner for now is getting a 2008 collarado. Hopefully it doesnt happen to that car. :)

Anddddd, A locksmith is making me up 2 new keys as we speak. Getting the lock out of the door was fun. Luckily i have small hands.

post-60077-1287617728_thumb.jpg