SAU Community

The Photography Chat Thread

GoldZilla

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my local's completely out of stock. apparently they're clearing out for a new version of the Eneloops coming out.

Hmmm, so that begs the question: do we snap these up, or wait to see what the new ones are like? And if they're trying to get rid of stock, shouldn't they be discounting ALL of them, or is it just the chargers that they'll be updating?

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this on NS.com too, thought it mention it here for you guys

Hey guys, unfortunetly have to get rid of a few of my photography items if anyones interested, thought id let you guys know first before ebaying stuff

Canon 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM $2200

Canon 16-35mm F2.8L II USM $1400

both bought at camera house in Perth in august 2009, and have only seen minimal use since then :( (have receipt)

lenses in perfect condition, come with UV filters (the 82mm filter on the 16-35 cost $100!). if you put these next to a brand new lens you couldn't tell the difference :)

Ive got my first born due in 9 weeks and just cant justify this stuff lying around when I've barley touched it since moving back to VIC twelve months ago.

still got my 5dmark II and 24-70 f2.8 for baby snaps with a few canon flashes and pocketwizards. so ill still try to keep out there shooting :)

Pictures wont upload for some reason, so see this link for pictures http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=476158

Hey guys, my parents want to buy me a lens for my 21st, and I've decided on the Canon 70-200mm f4 USM. IS would be preferred, but it depends on what it costs.

Where's the best place to buy one? They've got a budget of $1k, and anything over that I'll have to chip in. I've found a site that lists a whole lot, ad they range from $1100 to $3300! (all f4, not the f2.8). Any reason for this? My birthday is in just over a week and they were hoping to have it by then.

Not to mention, I'm sooooooo excited about it :P

Jesus Phil. That is cheap as for a 16-35 II. Whats the date code on it?

Rhys - The 70-200 2.8 IS is discontinued as it's been replaced by the Mark II version. Hence the big $1000 price difference as well. You can pick up a 70-200 f4 non IS for around $1K and a IS version is around $1300-$1500 depending where you shop.

Check out BH Photo or Adorama in the states (google them) or use www.shopbot.com.au . Remember that if it's too cheap and the company has bad reviews, don't buy it. Maybe skip the first 2 sellers that turn up or research them thoroughly! It's a lot of money to spend and you don't want to lose something that valuable.

Any more questions let me know.

Cheers Kory. I found one here: http://www.praimaging.com.au/d158-56-canon-ef-70200mm-f4l-usm.html

As you said, the IS ones are too expensive :( But I'll be using it during the day mainly, so not a huge issue. Hopefully cos we can pick it up from them in person, we wont have any issues with it. Bday is on Wednesday, so pretty excited!! Lol

Jesus Phil. That is cheap as for a 16-35 II. Whats the date code on it?

Hi Kory,

the only numbers I could find on the backing plate where '1580416'

but i bought the lens in august 09, barley used :( only reason why i put it at this price is because of the price of grey imports on ebay, its absurd!

However I've now decided to put all my gear up for sale for the time being to help the financial strain of starting a family :closedeyes:

Just cant justify having it all sitting there and I have barely touched it in the last 12 months, literally :down:

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=478328

it's hard to tell with out actually using it, but i'd assume that using it without any modifiers would be difficult. see how there's 2 banks of lights, there's a good chance it would create more work in post production to clean up the shots and would probably cast alot of unwanted shadows if it wasn't using properly.

Are you thinking of having a crack eric?

Well been thinking of just having a dabble. Being around you fellas and lurking in the photo thread has encouraged me to take the camera out of "AWESOME" mode from time to time. I doubt I can ever hit the levels that you fellas do, but would be nice to be able to add some tricks to the bag of photography.

Lets see how to do it in video... I know wear a blue suit and chroma key yourself back out - lol!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• G.G.C. (Gibier German Cook) restaurant in Motomachi in Kobe: A tiny 2 floor restaurant that was founded in 1976. The original couple who owned/ran it retired and sold the business to a corporation who pretty much tried to keep it the same as it was.  Lots of lesser known (to me anyway) German beers available.  Venison with vegetables. The meat came from deer from Hokkaido. The chef told us that there's a whole industry around the use of all parts of the deer from the antlers to the hooves. Sure enough, directly accross the street from this restaurant is a shop that sells all manner of utensils, clothes and objet d'art all made from deer skin, bones and horns.... also owned by the same corporation. The venison was super tender 😋 Various decorations, a lot of which were quite old, no doubt from the original owners. A nice pilsner too which I'd never seen before.  It's well worth a visit but check the opening hours, they're closed on Wednesdays, only open 11:30am - 3pm on Mondays and Tuedays, 11:30am-3pm for lunch and 5pm-11:30pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and 11:30am-3pm and 5pm-9pm on Sundays. Last order is 30mins before close.
    • Yep around 2m long or thereabouts.  I made another post in the photo diaries 17 years later lol. I swear it has not been that long!
    • Full results via link below https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1inu1mRRO0WjV2-3vGYsjnmYggVOzmApWOby68GwPGcI/edit?usp=sharing  
    • Have I not posted since 2022 ? wow... Yes, it's pretty much finished mechanically. I'll probably sell it soon as the old man is 80 in November, so 99% he won't ever drive it again. I don't really need 3 GT-R's and I haven't driven any of them since September last year - correction, drove my 33 earlier this year on Australia day. All of them have been like this since then.
    • So, after talking to Tyson at Auto Tech Engineering about my "cunning plan", he suggested to "not piss money away on stuff that the car probably doesn't need" (the max IAT at the end of the 1/4 ever only seen around 30°C, which is in no way a issue, and as such, for what I use the car for I really don't need colder IAT anyway The whole point of the "upgrades" that I thought about doing was that my IAT started creeping up from 25°C to 30°C when cruising, then drop back down, then raise back up, rinsing and repeating, it has never done that before, so after talking to FI interchillers they assumed that it was the Bosch pump starting to fail, and if I was going to replace the pump....... I would do my usual thing of "while where in there" But, Tyson said he has seen similar things happen to IAT with failing or leaking AC compressors on other cars with interchillers, and as the AC compressor is 22 years old it is probably well on the way out anyway, and if a electric water pump fails it stays failed and doesn't just speed up and slow dow, but if a AC compressor starts to fail or is leaking, it will fluctuate and give a typical result to the IAT He said he could test the compressor and see how it is functioning and pressure test the whole system, but, as I do, I've just got them to order a new compressor to install to start with, and do a AC service and see if that fixes the issue That way, if it is the compressor, I wouldn't be spending lots of coin on something that wasn't the issue, and not actually needed, as the stage 2 kit, and pump, comes in at around $2k in parts alone, not including the plumbing and other parts that will be required or labour  And apparently the Bosch pump I have is really reliable and well up to task for the flow/pressure requirements that I need to keep my intercooler and massive amounts of boost heat (7 psi LOL) under control giving a nice and cold IAT A big shout out to Tyson for this, not many people will talk a idiot out of wasting money on car modifications, and the saved car budget funding can be wasted elsewhere on things that I may, or may not, need, like a nice new leather SS interior with red stitching......maybe I can convince the Minister for War and Finances into a nice trip down to Victoria for a week away to see the sights (I'll explain that I will need a hire car once we're down there so we don't have to worry about the Commodore being parked up on the streets at night, and it just so happens there's a joint that I can store it during that time) $1680 for all of the interior trims, + installation cost (I'll ask for a quote to install the trim if the new compressor fixes the issue)   https://leatherseats.com.au/products/leather-seats-trim-skins-kit-to-fit-vt-vx-vy-ser1-ss-green-black-diy-install