SAU Community

The Photography Chat Thread

GoldZilla

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else is entering this? It closes on November 25th.

yeah i was thinking of doing something for this, just waiting for my camera to come back,

Also on another topic, im lookinf at buying a macro lens what is the difference betwwen a 100mm and a 50mm all i want to be able to do is take some close up shots of different things.

100mm probably requires a little more skill and equipment due to the longer focal length and needing a tripod and remote release etc... if your doing true macro stuff with extension tubes and stuff like that. Still handholdable but idea for use with a tripod.

Thats my belief anyway.

Kory recommends Eneloop's and swears by them. I'm going to pick a set up over the next couple of weeks. I've seen the refresh cycle on them and they're pretty quick compared to normal batteries (duracell ultra's)

Also they're rechargable. Might be worth a look.

I picked them up a few weeks ago.. They do last long, but the only thing i dont like is the charger led indicator. When you charge it the light is green.. It should be red if the battery is not charged, then green light to show its done. I have wait hours and hours and it still stays green?? weird.. or could just be my charger.

I get Powerex 2700mAh batteries. They require a digital charger (so you can't just jam em in your regular ones) best to get a charger from them too. Results in no memory, and they don't dissipate a charge if you don't use em straight away like Eneloops and cheapies. I've left some for months in a case, chucked em in and they still had 95% charge.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=415

amazingly awesome and way way more powerful than most other batteries on the market. I refuse to use anything else in my cameras.

I get Powerex 2700mAh batteries. They require a digital charger (so you can't just jam em in your regular ones) best to get a charger from them too. Results in no memory, and they don't dissipate a charge if you don't use em straight away like Eneloops and cheapies. I've left some for months in a case, chucked em in and they still had 95% charge.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/viewitem.asp?idproduct=415

amazingly awesome and way way more powerful than most other batteries on the market. I refuse to use anything else in my cameras.

Not trying to start a war here but here goes :laugh:

I wouldn't really say Eneloops are "cheapies". Many thousands of people swear by them also. They don't dissipate charge either. They come pre-charged straight out of the box and who knows how long they've been sitting on a shelf. Out of all the batteries i've used i find them to be the best. Fastest recycle rate, I've never had them die on me even after hours of use. That's just my personal opinion.

I've never used Powerex batteries so i don't know how they are, but i'd like to try them.

As Sidd said - The charger for them is gay. I use a seperate battery charger so i know when they are charged and because it's faster >_<