SAU Community

R35 Gt-r Adm Changes Since Release

OzStriker

Hi everyone,

I am currently researching a switch from an E92 M3 to a GT-R, possibly a used model or perhaps the 2012 when it arrives next year.

I have searched around a bit for a summary of changes to the Australian GT-Rs since release but have not had any luck.

I understand things like auto headlights, sat nav and iPod integration came in after the initial car was released here.

Could anyone direct me to some info on the changes or provide a quick rundown of the changes in each MY of the ADM GT-R?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I am currently researching a switch from an E92 M3 to a GT-R, possibly a used model or perhaps the 2012 when it arrives next year.

I have searched around a bit for a summary of changes to the Australian GT-Rs since release but have not had any luck.

I understand things like auto headlights, sat nav and iPod integration came in after the initial car was released here.

Could anyone direct me to some info on the changes or provide a quick rundown of the changes in each MY of the ADM GT-R?

Thanks!

Take my word for it, get the 2012 model. Any idea from the dealers on the price of the new ones? I am thinking of upgrading too.

2010 came with nav, ipod integration, auto headlights, improved launch control requiring VDC to remain on, tweaked suspension and gearbox settings, but mechanically and visually identical to 2009

2012 has tweaks to suspension, chassis strengthening, exterior visual changes and extra power (30-35kw in Aus spec i believe)

imo a full exhaust and off the shelf ecu tune on a 2009/2010 will more than make up the power deficit to the 2012, but if you're going to leave it completely stock and want the warranty then best go for the 2012. if you want to mod for power go for a 2009 as warranty will be expiring soon anyway

US prices have risen with the 2012, but i doubt that will happen here

Edited by domino_z

2010 came with nav, ipod integration, auto headlights, improved launch control requiring VDC to remain on, tweaked suspension and gearbox settings, but mechanically and visually identical to 2009

2012 has tweaks to suspension, chassis strengthening, exterior visual changes and extra power (30-35kw in Aus spec i believe)

imo a full exhaust and off the shelf ecu tune on a 2009/2010 will more than make up the power deficit to the 2012, but if you're going to leave it completely stock and want the warranty then best go for the 2012. if you want to mod for power go for a 2009 as warranty will be expiring soon anyway

US prices have risen with the 2012, but i doubt that will happen here

I'm of the opinion that our prices will rise on the 2011 manufactured models. 10k, 15k? With all the extras on the 2012, surely that would justify a decent price hike. I would be pretty pissed if a 2012 cost the same as my 2010...for obvious reasons  :no:

I'm of the opinion that our prices will rise on the 2011 manufactured models. 10k, 15k? With all the extras on the 2012, surely that would justify a decent price hike. I would be pretty pissed if a 2012 cost the same as my 2010...for obvious reasons :ermm:

they wont raise prices, they need to sell them afterall

new models are a given, i bought my 2010 new too, if you cant accept the depreciation hit the instant you drive out of the showroom, buy used

they wont raise prices, they need to sell them afterall

new models are a given, i bought my 2010 new too, if you cant accept the depreciation hit the instant you drive out of the showroom, buy used

I can and have already accepted the depreciation hit and indeed I am ok with this. So you think, and you could very well be right here, they will charge the same as the 2010 model even with the added features? Lower CD, power hike, lower emission e.t.c? What if nissan aus feel they have a market for a $200k GTR? There were plenty of buyers for a $182k one (myself included). I remember the 2009 model priced at $165k when it first arrived.

Has anybody heard anything about pricing?

I can and have already accepted the depreciation hit and indeed I am ok with this. So you think, and you could very well be right here, they will charge the same as the 2010 model even with the added features? Lower CD, power hike, lower emission e.t.c? What if nissan aus feel they have a market for a $200k GTR? There were plenty of buyers for a $182k one (myself included). I remember the 2009 model priced at $165k when it first arrived.

Has anybody heard anything about pricing?

In yesterdays carsguide Nissan Aust boss/manager stated the price will be "aligned" with the current models premium price and that they'll offer only a single model based on EU's GT-R Black edition, he doesn't expect any price decreases etc etc since he reckons AUD-Yen exchange rate is pretty much on par as it was 12 months ago.

There was a mention of 162,800 plus ORC - discountnewcars lists the current model at the following, see attached image, and it is known that the price for a 2012 has gone up by approx $2,000 in Japan, so worst case scenario I'd expect is a very very low 180K driveaway.

post-62747-1287783081_thumb.jpg

UK price for the 2012 is 71K quids now, I am guessing the OZ price would be north of 200k.

I can say - NO.

Unless you never follow business news and similar shows you may have missed that UK is in the doldrums, GBP is weak, while we are flying above the rest and AUD is very strong. Expect no or minor pricing change.

Thanks for the info, like the rest of you I will follow 2012 pricing closely!

$200k doesn't make sense to me, it leaves the GT-R with no genuine price-competitor. Where it sits now it is a genuine alternative for those who would tend to spend $180k on an M3, C63, IS-F or RS5 for example, and I am sure Nissan have poached many buyers from this market. $200k is a bit of a no-mans land, in between those fast saloons but not in 911 territory.

I can say - NO.

Unless you never follow business news and similar shows you may have missed that UK is in the doldrums, GBP is weak, while we are flying above the rest and AUD is very strong. Expect no or minor pricing change.

Sorry for my ignorance on current world financial situations... I hope you are right, by the way you know quite a lot for someone who sounds like a 10 year old ???

Take it easy friend, I was only speculating on the possible price of the new car, I did not need a lecture on Finance 101. lol

Edited by RCCC

I think RCCC may be right. I would say new car will be priced at or very close to $200K. price in japan also has risen. it should see demand for used models stay fairly steady. bad news for those hoping for a massive drop in used values. I think they will remain fairly solid based on the up-coming price increase.

I think RCCC may be right. I would say new car will be priced at or very close to $200K. price in japan also has risen. it should see demand for used models stay fairly steady. bad news for those hoping for a massive drop in used values. I think they will remain fairly solid based on the up-coming price increase.

Basing my prediction on the current R34 GT-R prices, that bottomed out at around 45-50K for an 11 year old ones, I can with almost 100% confidence state that the R35 GT-R's in a decent condition will never cost anything less than 75K, even in 10 years time.

People hoping for a huge price crash are forgetting that these cars are only 18months old right now - they will never be affordable to people that struggle to buy cars like STI's or EVO's these days.

Basing my prediction on the current R34 GT-R prices, that bottomed out at around 45-50K for an 11 year old ones, I can with almost 100% confidence state that the R35 GT-R's in a decent condition will never cost anything less than 75K, even in 10 years time.

People hoping for a huge price crash are forgetting that these cars are only 18months old right now - they will never be affordable to people that struggle to buy cars like STI's or EVO's these days.

+1

DEFINITELY agree

Hmmm - Audi RS5 is 189K in Vic, I'd find R35.2 GT-R priced at 195K on the road very highly priced.

actually no, the RS5 is the overpriced car in that comparison

my C63 did everything the RS5 can and cost me 140 on the road, and sold for same 6 months later. Audi depreciation on anything over 100K is Lexus LS epic

the GTR is in a different league performance wise compared to E9X M3, RS5, C63, IS-F

Hi everyone,

Thanks!

I reckon there is some really great value in a low km 2010 model (the ones that first came out). I really dont know if the extra 40-50 is worth it for a new 2012 model if you can find a good 2010 ADM low km example for $130-35k. the extra power is easily obtained with a Cobb tune which seem pretty safe to run from all accounts. the updated gadgets are a personal preference as are the subtle styling changes. I really only need the blue tooth hands free. My tom tom app on the iphone works a treat and saves me 5k in satnav upgrades.

save the difference and spend it on having fun with the car at the track!