SAU Community

Rb26 Twin Or Single? Best Power And Response

Hey guys I have looked into this alot on the site but want some real world figures and advice on twins and silgles on rb26s

I have 256 hks cams with a built motor so looking for a setup that is a good alrounder with good response but some where in the 300,350 kw power mabe more where are people seeing full boost n what psi vs rpm on what setups?

I was thinking of going either a twin,high mount with smallist turbos or

35r 6boost setup

Its just rear wheel drive as well

Thanks guys

mate i have gone for tomei type b cam and springs built motor adjustable cam gears and i am going a pair of garrett 2860-5 turbos which are a direct bolt up with supporting mods and i am looking at the 400 kw mark and it will be on full boost by about 3500 rpm and my engine bay will look pretty stock helps keep the police of your back

I have 256 hks cams with a built motor so looking for a setup that is a good alrounder with good response but some where in the 300,350 kw power mabe more where are people seeing full boost n what psi vs rpm on what setups?

300-330rwkw go for 2860 -9, the most response you will get out of it for that power.

350-400rwkw go for 2860 -5, a little laggier yet lots of power.

Best part of the above is it will still look like a stock RB26.

If your heart is set on highmount go 35R as you said, expect 350ishrwkw with completely different delivery to the twins. Defect mania too.

It has been covered a thousand times, so just choose from the above and get reading:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...yno-t93880.html

Have high mount GT3582R on ETM manifold. is on boost and makes full boost quicker than standard twins and power delivery is much better.

I have never had an issue with cops even with the screamer pipe in plain view pretty much. Also if your doing the majority of the work yourself i would go for the single as it is a hell of a lot easier to work on and maintain that twin low mounts...

Thanks guys I have read all the dyno thread and graphs trying to work out what I want, I am not set on either mainly real life street driving and when you guys are seeing positive pressure and full boost at what rpm.

I think the stock twins seem a little laggy but don't know if that is usual this is my first 26

Thanks guys I have read all the dyno thread and graphs trying to work out what I want, I am not set on either mainly real life street driving and when you guys are seeing positive pressure and full boost at what rpm.

I think the stock twins seem a little laggy but don't know if that is usual this is my first 26

I thought the same with mine as well to be abit laggy however that was coming from a r33 gtst with a stock turbo which comes on full boost about 1200 rpm earlyer than mine did due to my tune and set up. It comes down to how your car is set up and if you have the supporting mods like cams and adjustable cam gears it will help it to spool up quicker.

The reason i didnt go a hi mount single as i wanted to keep it stock looking i like the idea of having 400kw and when a cop pops my bonnet and he will see a box covering my pods and a catch can and that is all that will look out of place. Everything else he wont be able to pick. High mount turbo on the other hand they know it is not standard and are fair more likely to defect your ass and you dont want to go down the road of dealing with the epa or the decc what ever you wanna call them. At the end of the day it is your choice, chose what you want and what will make you happy, single is easier to work on yes but comes if its own dramas to.

mate i have gone for tomei type b cam and springs built motor adjustable cam gears and i am going a pair of garrett 2860-5 turbos which are a direct bolt up with supporting mods and i am looking at the 400 kw mark and it will be on full boost by about 3500 rpm and my engine bay will look pretty stock helps keep the police of your back

-5 at full boost by 3500rpm?? how much boost u planning on running for 400kw??

yerp to my knowledge yes. But you have to have aftermarket dumps and front pipe it helps alot for spool up time the stock r32 and r33 gtr dumps and abit to restrictive, the r34 ones are pretty bloody good thats what i am trying to get ahold of now i dont like the idea of spending $800 odd on dump pipes alone for say tomei or hks items ect

bigger dumps wont help spool up time, it will increase flow and reduce back pressure meaning more lag but more power/kick

once ive converted my gtr to single then ill be able to comment from experience but for now i cant :D

I can personally say i have had a cop looking at my engine and say oh wow looks good to me have a good night son and on i went.

End of the day cop attention is drawn by how you drive your car around town. I have my single conversion engineered so i am covered for that one.

If you do it right then you will be covered. I personally need to replace my decat pipe with a decent high flow cat and car will be legal..... Ohhh thats right except for the screamer lol

RB26 + Screamer= EPIC WIN :D

bigger dumps wont help spool up time, it will increase flow and reduce back pressure meaning more lag but more power/kick

once ive converted my gtr to single then ill be able to comment from experience but for now i cant :worship:

You do realize that turbos are spun because of the pressure drop across them arent you

Ie the higher pressure in the exhaust manifold versus the lower pressure on the other side of the turbo makes air move thus spining up the turbo

There for a better flowing dump pipe is going to flow more and have a lower pressure in it than the stock one

The difference in pressure therefor is higher and the turbo spools sooner