SAU Community

Rb 240z

• 2 months later...

As this car ways a little over 1000 kg the rb20 will pull it along just fine for now. I do want se traction after all :P I will prob buy a rb25 later and open it up then fill it with goodies to make it nice and strong. From what I understand the rb20 can take more punishment than the other rb engines in stock form.

The RB20 should serve you well for the time being, but if you do find yourself wanting some extra power then i would advise going with a RB25 like you mentioned above. Sure you can get good power from a RB20 but with the money thats needed to do that your better off with a 25.

And i take that from the pictures above your painting the car green? What's your reasoning behind this? It looked really nice in black.

Once again, lovely looking car, is going to be a beauty when its done.

As this car ways a little over 1000 kg the rb20 will pull it along just fine for now. I do want se traction after all :P I will prob buy a rb25 later and open it up then fill it with goodies to make it nice and strong. From what I understand the rb20 can take more punishment than the other rb engines in stock form.

the lime yellow or green as you call it is its original colour and it is rather rear in australia. I know its not every ones cup of tea but i like it.

Personaly I dont like black cars. I think it is a boring colour its way too hot especially in an old datsun with a huge trans tunnel and no air conditioning

and black is way to hard to keep clean

here are a few more pics of todays progress

I might even get the body painted next week ;D

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1183.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Very Very nice project. My brother had one in that "Lime green" colour when I lived in the States. I still have a '70 240Z sitting in a garage at my mum's place in Seattle. One of these days (when I have a bigger garage) I'll bring it here and do something similar to you.

Can't wait to see some vids of this car running around a racetrack! Keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...