SAU Community

Fpv Tornado Or Holden Ss-v Redline Utes

macdog

I saw one of the Supercharged sedans the other day.

What the hell is with Ford putting so many damn vinyls all over their cars nowadays! Every damn Ford has some sort of stripes/swirls and shit down the sides.

Not a fan. (the only one that looks good is on the side of the bonnet buldge).

You mean the Ford production plan in broadmeadows? I can't imagine the calibre of people working there :/

You can't discount the importance of design itself during the building process!

I know one of the head designers at Ford and he is a very, very cluey person. Ford's region desing centers recruit from the absolute cream of the crop. And find someone who works on the Prod line in Broady or Geelong and ask them what they think of working for Ford.

Then find someone who works for Holden and ask them what it's like working for Holden. I can tell you know the Ford employee will likely have nothing but good things to say about the conditions they work under and the treatment they receive. The Holden person will likely report almost the exact opposite.

They has a large effect on the quality of the product.

And Ford actually has a good reputation in their price bracket. Holden have a good rep too, just not as quality as Ford.

At the end of the day you get a shit load OF CAR FOR $50 in either a Commodore or Falcon, but the Falcons are generally a more robust proposition.

hahaha,

guess who I met at a function last night?

Mike Devereux, funny guy...

shot me down in a big way..

Ask him how holden is going to combat ford creating these brilliant engines..

He's like, out of 100's car sold Ford sells 9, holden sells 13 and Toyota sells 19.

He said his goal is get Holden to 19 cars.

Interesting guy, knows his stuff, what I don't understand is why come to Australia and try and win this Market? we are bloody tiny!!

I saw one of the Supercharged sedans the other day.

What the hell is with Ford putting so many damn vinyls all over their cars nowadays! Every damn Ford has some sort of stripes/swirls and shit down the sides.

Not a fan. (the only one that looks good is on the side of the bonnet buldge).

Its history, Have a look at the old GS falcons, the GT's Mustangs, Torino's etc.

I feel it makes them much more interesting to look at, and if you dont want them you dont have to have them, they are an option

hahaha,

He's like, out of 100's car sold Ford sells 9, holden sells 13 and Toyota sells 19.

Interesting guy, knows his stuff, what I don't understand is why come to Australia and try and win this Market? we are bloody tiny!!

Thats easy, Holden just get bigger and bigger motors from Chev.

Saw an interesting discussion today about the new GT, allegedly made 353rwkws straight off the showroom floor and ran [email protected] weighs 1860kg without a driver so 117mph is HUGE!!!!

hahaha,

i'm guessing he was offered a substantial wage

Thats easy, Holden just get bigger and bigger motors from Chev.

Saw an interesting discussion today about the new GT, allegedly made 353rwkws straight off the showroom floor and ran [email protected] weighs 1860kg without a driver so 117mph is HUGE!!!!

Motor did a test recently...

the new GS (slightly less quoted power than GT) made 256rwkw. Quite a way off 353, no doubt some ford fanboy made that shit up

they also did some 1/4 mile runs ... GT 13.24 @ 114mph , GS 13.47 @ 110mph.

Pretty disappointing when the new car that's making everyone fap furiously can't even run a 12.

Holden much better engine in my exspiriance work on them every day

what's your opinion on the new styling of the redline ute? chrome wheels? (vomit)...

everything else is good just not the wheels.

Motor did a test recently...

the new GS (slightly less quoted power than GT) made 256rwkw. Quite a way off 353, no doubt some ford fanboy made that shit up

they also did some 1/4 mile runs ... GT 13.24 @ 114mph , GS 13.47 @ 110mph.

Pretty disappointing when the new car that's making everyone fap furiously can't even run a 12.

or maybe, just maybe they did what every car company has been doing for the past few decades and quoted the power the engine makes at the flywheel. it is the same reason why a r33 requires a full exhaust, and 4 or 5 psi more to make 185rwkw despite being quoted stock as having 184kw.

That would make more sense, however the guy was referring to some internet discussion, not manufacturer's claims. He did say rwkw after all. No need to explain the difference between flywheel kw and rwkw to me, i don't own a V8 Holden

That would make more sense, however the guy was referring to some (probably internet) discussion, not manufacturer's claims. He did say rwkw after all. No need to explain the difference between flywheel kw and rwkw to me, i don't own a V8 Holden

hahaha,

Wonder if that includes fleet, Holden have been known to sell at cost and at one point at a loss to keep their numbers up.

is there a reason that you are comparing the FPV ute to the holden when its natural comp would be the HSV Maloo.

as for which one to choose I have always loved holdens and grown up around them but from the BA onwards from a looks perspective the Fords have my vote.

Is there really any need for that much power in a ute though?

im in the same predicament as u atm. im looking at both the same car as u 2010 utes. holden vs ford lol

(i was looking at the xr6 turbo ute though not the v8)

im leaning towards the holden for a couple of different reasons

1) it looks way tuffer than the ford to me

2) the sound of the v8 in the holden is fkn crazy

3) chicks dig the holden more lolz

+ the redline has the nice brembos and because it doesnt have the leaf springs like the ford has way nicer handling...ive driven both and the holden is very comfortable to cruise around in and when u need the power its right there from nice and low in the rev range....

for towing the ford is better though, my mate works at holden and even he told me if i wanna tow get the ford lol. unless i option the f**k out of the holden coz u can get a 2600kg towing kit....

but for the few times a year i take my car to the track or jetski to the beach i reckon the holden

im in the same predicament as u atm. im looking at both the same car as u 2010 utes. holden vs ford lol

(i was looking at the xr6 turbo ute though not the v8)

im leaning towards the holden for a couple of different reasons

1) it looks way tuffer than the ford to me

2) the sound of the v8 in the holden is fkn crazy

3) chicks dig the holden more lolz

+ the redline has the nice brembos and because it doesnt have the leaf springs like the ford has way nicer handling...ive driven both and the holden is very comfortable to cruise around in and when u need the power its right there from nice and low in the rev range....

for towing the ford is better though, my mate works at holden and even he told me if i wanna tow get the ford lol. unless i option the f**k out of the holden coz u can get a 2600kg towing kit....

but for the few times a year i take my car to the track or jetski to the beach i reckon the holden

Are you looking at auto or manual?

the auto gearbox is definately the best in the ford.

I don't tow, so no need for it.

The other thing I don't understand with holden, why would you only put brembo's on the front and not the back as well?

You should go and test drive a FPV F6.