Top Posters In This Topic

• chaos

• Ska

• BelGarion

• Nexus9

Top Posters In This Topic

10psi according to the previous owner and the boost guage 0.7bar

Haven't had it long enough to get ot on a dyno

But the SAFC is tuned ATM right? I'm not overly confident tuning it further without having some idea of what the fuel curve is like at the moment...

You may be best to just keep the boost at 10psi once the dump is done...

But the SAFC is tuned ATM right?  I'm not overly confident tuning it further without having some idea of what the fuel curve is like at the moment...

You may be best to just keep the boost at 10psi once the dump is done...

Yeah it is tuned atm and seems pretty good.

Do you know if the boost will rise as a result of the dump pipe?

Having said the tune seems pretty good, I wouldn't know the sound of pinging if it bit me on the ass :blah:

Yeah theres a few down this way... Dynosource have one in Nerang... Chiptorque too IIRC... There's also one at the rotary place... Can't remember the name... Oh and Dyson Rotary have one too... Thats the one Gavin Woods uses...

Yeah it is tuned atm and seems pretty good.

Do you know if the boost will rise as a result of the dump pipe?

Having said the tune seems pretty good, I wouldn't know the sound of pinging if it bit me on the ass :blah:

Depends on how good your boost control is... If your using a good EBC, it should be able to keep the boost at what ever level you choose... A bleeder on the other hand is more likely to allow more boost to be produced... Should be able to get rid of any extra boost though depending on the bleed...

Pinging sounds like a rattle in your engine bay... Best way I can describe it... I was chasing down an engine bay rattle for 3 years on a Turbo Laser with no intercooler, blow through carby and 22psi before I worked out what pinging was... :D Oh to be young again!

All posts are guaranteed... Guarantee is not a guarantee... :rofl:

Nice, but are you watching it with a good home theatre system, if not, it just is not the same, need at least a billion watts of speakers pointed at you all going full blast to get the best experiance out of the matrix series :rofl:

Depends on how good your boost control is...  If your using a good EBC, it should be able to keep the boost at what ever level you choose...  A bleeder on the other hand is more likely to allow more boost to be produced... Should be able to get rid of any extra boost though depending on the bleed...

It's a Hybrid EBC...seems to hold pretty steady, doesn't spike over0.7 bar

Pinging sounds like a rattle in your engine bay...  Best way I can describe it...  I was chasing down an engine bay rattle for 3 years on a Turbo Laser with no intercooler, blow through carby and 22psi before I worked out what pinging was... :D  Oh to be young again!

I had a Cordia turbo that was apparently pinging its tits off....didn't realise until a friend who was a marine engineer brought it to my attention....had been thrashing it in that state for over a year so promptly sold it to an unsuspecting Lebanese gentleman (I use that term advisedly)

All posts are guaranteed...  Guarantee is not a guarantee... :rofl:

Nice disclaimer :D

So you need a boost constoller to run the bleed valve

I was under the impression you just split the line, pop the above bleed valve and loosen it for more boost?

like i said before ... a bleed valve is a boost controller. put that in you line between your actuator and comp cover or inlet pipe depending how its setup .... if your still having troubles i suggest you pay someone or get someone who knows about it there when you do it, that way there's no risk of something going wrong ..... bet you really don;t want to fork out for new pistons hey ...

im not gonna put it in at the moment

ive just had it sitting here for a few years, never been fitted, and pretty much wanted to knwo what it is.

So basically a boost controller and a bleed vavle is the samething, however boost controllers are normally electronic