SAU Community

28th Feb - Great Ocean Road #3

R31Nismoid

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all people that don't want to pay for an E-Tag

R31Nismoid and I did a trial run on Saturday to check everything out and we have decided that we will meet up both groups (east and west) at the big BP service center near the Avalon Airfield. If people want to miss paying the $5 for an E-Tag day pass :thumbdwn: then meet at this service center by 10:00am. This will make sure everyone has fuel and that we can have as many skylines as possible cruising through Geelong together.

So James - bugger that detour to Torrak Rd off. Its just a pain in the ass. Its far too long a day to be piss farting around. Lets keep the meet points to nice easy area's - Mobil Service Center on the Ring Rd, Mega Mart Carpark, BP Service Center Avalon and Waurn Ponds Pub (Car park is out the backof pub, and the pub is just before a massive Bunnings that has appeared since I was last there!)

For all people that don't want to pay for an E-Tag

R31Nismoid and I did a trial run on Saturday to check everything out

BP Service Center Avalon

And what a good run it was, thanks for the ride :aroused:

And yes, This goes for West too, we will go from the Mobil, and meet-up with the East guys at the BP.

And as for road, it's not that bad, but just keep your eye open.

There are some bad bits. But Snowman or myself will let everyone know where the bd bit are on the way back (that are a few but nothing to worry about)

and the principle is what???? had this fight so many times i can't remember what the problem has again?? how much earlier are the non e-tag goers goin to have to go???

30deg's?? this is goin to be a great cruise!!! can't wait

This also been my first cruise, actually how many member that are goin have been on one before, cause i think the newb's are takin over, hehe :D

The principle of paying to use a road that used to be used for free.

But anyway, I did a bit of research.

Day Pass - ~$10 (unlimited travel for 24h)

There is a max rate of $5 (but thats only one way trip & account holders) so basically ignored...

The other option is the Access account:

$5.50 setup

$1.20 per one way trip (number plate matching bs fee)

$x normal gantry fees

I will probably get this - saves paying $27.50 / year for the first three years (condition of buying an etag) since I'd never use citylink more than once a year or so.

If I do, then I'll meet yous at MegaMart :D

I just hope that the guys from Nissansilvia behave themselves. I went as a passenger on their last GOR cruise and was absolutely horrified. I hope there's no clowns like that there on the weekend. I'll be "cruising", so I'll hang down the back I'd say.

Here's a link to the NS cruise stuff. Click