SAU Community

No Shame...

D-G

So i went to Eastland Shopping Center with my girlfriend yesterday lunch around, 12:30-1:30pm.

Park my car parallel to a s13, leave for about 1 hour come back i notice that:

1. my number plate is smashed in completely, it had curved with my front bar, scratched and in pretty bad condition.

2. Scratches all around my front bar with deep cut (not cheap), cant be buffed out. So now i have to replace the front bar... and a custom number plate.

I checked the new car parked and they had no damage so most likely whoever parked in after the silvia hit me because they are f***ing retarded and cant judge distance when parking and just ran for it.

Just thought i would have a sook about this as i just dropped my girlfriend off at the airport and am sad sad =[

(Oh and an update for anyone who remembers my innocent a few months back with the cops off Springvale road, where they pulled me over randomly in my girlfriends driveway for doing 100km in imagination land. I had sent in the appeal, got a withdrawal letter but have not heard from anyone about a summons, so assuming its just been withdrawn altogether.)

:(

Edited by D-G

hate parking at shopping centres....always look for a good car to park next to since they wont want to damage there car with mine...but not always the case...sorry to hear about that mate....try talking to security and see if they had any cameras in the area you parked...worth a shot....

I would say on average we get 4-5 hit runs reported at my station everyday. I watched an accident one day and driver was about to leave. I stopped him and pulled out my badge and told him to leave his details and all would be sorted. Instead he fired up at me and told me to F%%'off and still left the scene. Sums up society these days.

Too bad there wasn't any witness for you..

I have seen with my own eyes an idiot in a corolla reversed into a parked civic next to my car in the Glen car park. Put a dent and laid scratches all over the front bumper of the poor civic.

I was lucky it wasn't my car that he hit. But straight away I reached for a pen and paper and wrote down the plate number of the corolla and my mobile then sticked it on the windscreen of the civic. Got a call from the owner 15 minutes later thanking me. I also offered to be witness if needed. But never heard back from him sinced. Hope he has sorted it out.

But yea.. we gotta teach all these scums how to drive.. if you see this happening take down their number and don't let them get away!

Had the same thing happen to my GF's car at the K-mart on Burwood Hwy. We specifically picked a spot where there could only be someone parking on one side of us and left them 20cm on their side. Somehow, someone managed to scrape the whole passenger side door and just ran for it.

It was a brand new car...

Needless to say, when I see people do this I always write down the offenders Rego for the poor car owner... scum...

People are pretty hopeless...and you seem to find most in carparks.

You could have always been much worse off.....

I had a guy go clean into my passenger rear guard a couple of months back (I can't really remember how it happened, it happened so fast, and was more concerned with keeping my car on the road) a guy with a massive bull bar on his POS hill billy ute hit me, and now I have 1 very F&^ked up looking panel and a smashed up bumper....$4000 worth of damage to my rear guard and most panel beaters believe it's a cut job (St Albans panels reckon they can stretch it out for $2000) either way did the guy stop? Yes; Did he give me his insurance details? No he said he was going back to get a pen and paper to write it down and took off.

No Cameras

Lots of witnesses on a major road

Cops can't do squat

Unfort this happens all the time which is why I never park the R in a carpark. Wifes new car got hit while in a carpark after only owning it for about 1 month :blink: Not much damage - small scratch down one rear door and ripped of section of plastic bodywork. Wife sees a note on the windscreen and thought 'great there are a few decent people around'.....only to read the note and find the only thing written was

"Sorry"

:laugh:

I would say on average we get 4-5 hit runs reported at my station everyday. I watched an accident one day and driver was about to leave. I stopped him and pulled out my badge and told him to leave his details and all would be sorted. Instead he fired up at me and told me to F%%'off and still left the scene. Sums up society these days.

Sounds about right. I had one run up the arse of my car, step out of his car with a can of bourbon in hand and try to tell me with a slurred voice that I was in the wrong and that he was happy to walk away / call it even. As soon as I mentioned getting the police involved he high tailed and Mill Park police station wanted nothing to do with it (because no one was hurt), even with the owner of the vehicle's details on screen :blink:

Had the same thing happen to my GF's car at the K-mart on Burwood Hwy. We specifically picked a spot where there could only be someone parking on one side of us and left them 20cm on their side.

Are you talking about 20cm of space between cars or between you and the line? Cause 20cm is not enough to open a door :laugh:

Wife sees a note on the windscreen and thought 'great there are a few decent people around'.....only to read the note and find the only thing written was

"Sorry"

:blink:

THAT is f***ing scum. They only wrote that note so that anyone watching would think they were leaving their details. There's an old bar joke along the lines of doing that.

People in the world just have to remember that if they are responsible, simply pay up. There won't be any arguments, any fights, it was an accident, just pay for the damage and you'll walk away feeling a much better person. I was once rear ended in my ute by a dude at the lights because he was playing with his CD player. Guy drove a lancer with a plastic electric turbo, and I was in a alloy tray hilux. f**ked his front end and didn't even mark my tray. We still pulled over, had a chat, I didn't even take his details. I'm sure that afterwards, although the circumstances, the guy in the end felt happy to pull over, not get berated, talk honestly, and walk away without any fuss.

This is similar to the thread I saw with the unnamed engine builder, the engine gets a rattle and he won't have a bar of soap of it. Well if it's the general consensus that a reputable company will look after their customers on a new engine, and this builder won't. Then he SHOULD be named, hell, I don't want to go somewhere that is known to bring out 500-1500hp engines (the part we all see/talk about), never knowing that if the engine they build has problems, they won't look after me (the part we don't see/can't talk about).

Honestly IS the best policy. I bet the person that hit your car went home that day and bitched about the governments failed promises and/or something similar. Theives/liars/cheaters, all run on deception, and deception is the one biggest thing in people I despise.

Edited by GTRPowa

^ Yeah but you have to remember that money is the ultimate decider of human behaviour, even moreso than sex (hence why people will have sex for a certain amount of money, but let's not get into that). Hence people scraping together cash for food and getting their utilities switched off don't feel good walking away from an accident leaving behind their details so they can pay for their f*** ups, sad fact of life. They know they are responsible...knowing responsibility and taking responsibility = two very different things. What people do when there are other people around also vastly differs from what they do when there is no one around.

I wouldn't drive off on an accident...but hey, I'm in a position where I could pay for it. Not excusing it, but this is why we have scumbags who do this sort of thing.

Thanks for the opinions and replies. I called Eastland and they said unless you are parked in the first row at the doors, they have no footage of the car park and aren't liable for anything that happens etc.

Pretty poor effort on behalf of a shopping center car park... Just one camera, rolling around the car park could of been the difference between me getting someones number plate...

Entrance

--------------| | |-------------

--------------- Gap

--------------- Cars <--- only here can be recorded.

--------------- Cars <--- even this row isn't recorded he said....

--------------- Gap

--------------- Cars

--------------- Me

If they don't have even a camera to see that close... just wow.

This is one more reason why i want to mount a camera on my dash and rear.

Edited by D-G

My uncle told me how he went to a shopping centre once where a guy hit another car. The guy got out, looked at the damaged, saw half a dozen people watching so he wrote a note, left it on the car other car and drove off. My uncle went over and looked at the note as the guy looked dodgy as f**k, sure enough it was blank. He then wrote another note saying exactly what happened, including the guy leaving a blank note.

Pictures don't show the extent of the damage done, but you will get a rough idea. Plate looks not to bad in the picture, but it was a L shape when i saw it, and you can still see the bend, i did my best to hide it =[

There is similar scratches to the one in the picture above it and further to the sides as if they tried multiple times to park and failed resulting in multiple hits. They go in pretty deep too, there is not much minor work that can be done to hide my scarred baby....

img0390ko.th.jpg

img0389pm.th.jpg

BL man, im pretty familiar with the East land car park and i know how bad it can get there.

Where abouts did you park, ground floor or 1st floor? was it near the Myer entrace or Kmart/escalators?

It was ground floor. My first time going to Eastland, it was near Kmart from memory. I was directly in front of the doors, i hoped someone would of seen it and wrote a note =[

ahh i guess thats why. i used to work at eastland and i always park on the top floor cos the ground floor is always packed.

i don't want to be a ass but the security ain't likely to be of much help. They woundn't do much and even if the cameras did record something they ain't likely to care either.

Same thing happen to me i went to either chadstone or eastland (can't remember which one) and came back without a GTR badge... some little kents had pryed it off with a screwdriver and scratched the paint as well.