SAU Community

Rim's For The M35

Tonkachow

I just tried some rims last night on mine with factory suspension and these were the results.

19x8.5 + 33 front was flush with guard, 19x9.5 +24 rear stuck out about 10mm.

Wheels are Volk GT-V's

And 19's still look small on these cars.

So for minimal work to fit on a stock car (ride height, camber and guards) 9.5 +35 would be a pretty safe bet imo.

post-51670-0-35492500-1457224446_thumb.jpg

post-51670-0-19131600-1457224757_thumb.jpg

post-51670-0-04893800-1457224875_thumb.jpg

I just tried some rims last night on mine with factory suspension and these were the results.

19x8.5 + 33 front was flush with guard, 19x9.5 +24 rear stuck out about 10mm.

Wheels are Volk GT-V's

And 19's still look small on these cars.

So for minimal work to fit on a stock car (ride height, camber and guards) 9.5 +35 would be a pretty safe bet imo.

Even with minimal lowering; the 19x9.5 +24 would be essentially flush with the guards, It makes a huge difference.

19's don't necessarily look small; but if you get the sidewall height wrong; the guards will swallow up even 20's and make them look tiny.

Have you thought about increasing the rolling diameter, and going up in aspect ratio to fill the guards?

The speedo reads miles under anyway (around 10%), the extra rolling diameter doesn't blunt performance by much, and you'll vastly improve ride in the process.

Just a thought.

Wheels look great!

Think the tyres pictured are only 235/35 so they are way too small. Not my wheels - just tried and tested as they had too much damage for my liking.

Personally I would have liked to go to a 245/45 which is a little larger rolling diameter than stock by 3.39% (245/40 is same as factory).

I use www.willtheyfit.com by the way to work this out.

Personally I don't want to lower the car as it's nice to drive places without having to worry about front bumper and exhaust etc scraping on everything.

My S14 is my lowered car

Hope this info is helpful to others out there anyway.

• 10 months later...

@tony200 that's actually a big help,I'm in the process of buying wheels at the moment .

I have been searching through these forums and the net but a lot of conflicting offsets,it's nice to see some top down pics.looks like 19x9.5+22 is perfect for stock bodied m35 on the front ,looks like the rear should be +35,but what about axis and arx?

I have an axis and some say 19x9.5+22 is perfect on the front but it's not if I want the look the front of yours has in that pic .

Also the rears some are running 10.5 wide with stock springs and don't scrub while others say they scrub.

If someone has an axis or arx could I please get some top down picks of flush offsets please.

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Should be fine depending on tyres. What's your budget?

Not a lot, only looking second hand.
Currently got the stock 17x7 rims which are nice, but they just don't fill out the guards and look too narrow from behind especially on the rear.
I would consider getting slightly lower springs, which might help the look too

10 hours ago, NicPM35 said:

Not a lot, only looking second hand.
Currently got the stock 17x7 rims which are nice, but they just don't fill out the guards and look too narrow from behind especially on the rear.
I would consider getting slightly lower springs, which might help the look too

its a bit hard to find offsets which suit our larger Nissans, but theres always something on Yahoo Auctions.

heres a handy cheat sheet for searching Yahoo http://www.mlracing.co.nz/yahoocheatsheet

with 5mins of searching found these, might not be what you're after but there are bargains out there
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n223819128
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n223819124