SAU Community

Hdi Intercooler Kit For M35 Stagea

iamhe77

As per admin request...

So all this recent talk about the HDi intercooler kits for VQ25det Stagea's had me searching for a "better" price than I was quoted by HDi (just under $1.1k shipped).

Thankfully I have found a supplier that can do such a price - it ain't an awesome price, but it is better

Anyway, $697 is the price which includes express shipping to your door (1-3 business days from when I place the order).

To get this price, we will need a minimum of 10 orders.

Kit includes everything (GT2 intercooler, piping, clamps, joiners, brackets) except the slimline fan - which can be found on eBay

IK-STAGEA-GT2-SH1.jpg

You can see in the below graph that they are an extremely efficient unit, the GT2 core also incorporates HDi's patented Traverse Aero Dynamic Heat Transfer Element which reduces Air restriction to the radiator which can be of concern with normal bar and plate designs.

gtspecintercooler-1.jpg

Group buy will end on the 14th December at which time I will place the order if we have 10 or more that have paid up.

I will require upfront payment as I am not prepared to be stuck with extra units (nor do I have the disposable to buy 10 units!)

Post here or PM

So to rehash;

Start date - 16/11/2010

End date - 14/12/2010

Best value, and one of the 2 best performing M35 intercooler kits just got even more affordable

Supplied by a re-seller of HDi (dunno business name :P )

Price includes delivery to your door (!!!)

interested pending approval from the ministry of finances...

i've got 3 weeks though, so put me down as a maybe :thumbsup:

No problem, consider yourself "maybe-ed" ;)

Link?

Further info?

Ash, my back hurts, please quit riding me.

No link as no website.

Further info? Dunno what further info I can give... he is part of HDi in Hong Kong... as in "Hybrid Development International" (HERE is a link to their website).

Can completely back this product.

.gave the car much better response

.much smoother in acceleration

.The Greddy infortouch showed how much cooler the air was actually becoming compared to stock(20 degrees on a 15-18 degree day[full boost])

if I had not bought this for the 1K i paid for plus shipping,

i would be throwing my dosh at iamhe77.

Very well worth the $697 shipped! invest in one

hope my input helps!

No problem, consider yourself "maybe-ed" :D

Ash, my back hurts, please quit riding me.

No link as no website.

Further info? Dunno what further info I can give... he is part of HDi in Hong Kong... as in "Hybrid Development International" (HERE is a link to their website).

I suggest you go and see a physio if your back hurts.

Well how are you contacting him then? If you've "found" him, you've done it somehow... Especially for someone that is appears elusive.

Be that email, phone numbers or whatever. It doesn't sound like this guy is exclusively a HDI reseller either.

Also is product is potentially being damaged in transit (which generally is due to poor packing), then that is an issue with a O/S company with no obvious face and then clearly not having to honour any warranty/replacement.

I'm here to protect the users of this forum whether you like it or not.

And protection they shall receive.

I have negotiated with HDi (Sydney, Australia) directly to supply and ship the kits for the price stated at the start of this thread.

All kits will be shipped via TNT straight to the buyers door (Australia wide) within 3-5 business days from when the order is placed.

I have also negotiated a price for 5-9 units, but this will incur a $50 premium over the 10+ unit GB price.... so $747 inc shipping

Edited by iamhe77

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Blitz cooler kit from Just Jap for my M35 and it was a straight fit no cutting or modifying needed.

Cost $999 for a full Japanese kit which I thought was a pretty good price.

And she looked sweet on and ready for the rest of my build!!!

That's cool man, I looked at the Blitz kit a couple of years ago... but was not impressed with the inefficient core (SE and CS kits), hence this group buy.

I have found very few intercooler kits for the M35 that have as effective a core as the HDi (Dolphin uses a very, very nice ARC core, but is massively expensive and the Greddy Spec R HG is really good, but again quite expensive).

Glad you are happy with your Blitz kit. :D

This HDi kit only requires a slimline fan which can be purchased off eBay for $30.

This is due to a larger core than the Blitz unit (300x600x76mm HDi vs 266x620x68mm for the Blitz)

That's cool man, I looked at the Blitz kit a couple of years ago... but was not impressed with the inefficient core (SE and CS kits), hence this group buy.

I have found very few intercooler kits for the M35 that have as effective a core as the HDi (Dolphin uses a very, very nice ARC core, but is massively expensive and the Greddy Spec R HG is really good, but again quite expensive).

Glad you are happy with your Blitz kit. :D

This HDi kit only requires a slimline fan which can be purchased off eBay for $30.

This is due to a larger core than the Blitz unit (300x600x76mm HDi vs 266x620x68mm for the Blitz)

:cheers: That's interesting to know as the Blitz system just fitted with very little room behind, if anything I think it's actually touching the fan shroud. :mellow: Still had to hack chunks out of the alloy bar iron (if that make sense :unsure:) to fit the cooler in. But honestly though I didn't even think about the fan when I did the initial install. Good to hear a slimmer fan is easily obtainable though.

Will certainly keep the HDi system in mind if the Blitz system begins to show it's limitations when I take the plunge to power up the girl.

Thanks for the info though.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Got a Blitz cooler kit from Just Jap for my M35 and it was a straight fit no cutting or modifying needed.

Cost $999 for a full Japanese kit which I thought was a pretty good price.

And she looked sweet on and ready for the rest of my build!!!

Sorry had to correct myself here....

I did have to do some modification (in the way of a reciprocating saw) :rolleyes: to the alloy reinforcement bar. Just so the Cooler can sit neatly in behind the front bar.

:cheers: That's interesting to know as the Blitz system just fitted with very little room behind, if anything I think it's actually touching the fan shroud. :mellow: Still had to hack chunks out of the alloy bar iron (if that make sense :unsure:) to fit the cooler in. But honestly though I didn't even think about the fan when I did the initial install. Good to hear a slimmer fan is easily obtainable though.

Will certainly keep the HDi system in mind if the Blitz system begins to show it's limitations when I take the plunge to power up the girl.

Thanks for the info though.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Indeed, it is the fan motor that gets in the way. Unless you are planning to push your car to over 300awkw, the blitz will be fine.

I don't like the idea of cutting the reo bar as it does most of the intrusion protection/absorption/deflection for the front of the car.

Having said that, if people don't want to spend the $30 of so on a slim fan, they can certainly cut the rear of the reo to fit the HDi (may need to play with the bracketing though).

Glad to hear you are happy with the Blitz kit :D