SAU Community

Audi Tt-s

TUFF_350

Hey guys,

accountant is tossing up between a 370Z and a TT-S. Let me have a spirited drive of each on the freeway and f**k me how good was the Audi! $95k on road so its about $30k more than what he can get the 370 for, but given the fact that it will come with free scheduled servicing for 3years and many other perks i think its worth it.

Anyone else had some experiences? Offer opinions to which you'd choose and why? Greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Be cautious of teh spark plug.

Audi build beautiful cars. The 370 is no slouch but not in the same bracket as the Audi in terms of class. It is more hairdresserish though.

Fuck the both of them off and buy a second hand RS6. V8TT ftw.

Haha,

this guy with the spark plug :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated. He wont buy second hand though, better tax deductions and what not for him if he buys brand new etc. 370 held its on though, was a smoothe ride and had loads of power with a decent note for a stockie also. Plus i liked the fact that theres only 1 model as opposed to the 350 and you get everything standard such as sat nav, electric seats bar a reversing camera.

He should look at the Audi S4 and the BMW 335i as well then. Once he has driven the S4 he wont look at the TT.

S4 might be worth a look,

but im sensing he wants 2 door. 335i would be insane especially with black on black and the new single turbo!

335i is droooool.

But i'd also they 370z is underated because it's constantly compared with other cars stock for stock. The VQ37HR is an amazing engine with the same tech as the 335i's valvetronic and of course the modifiers scene is ace :blink:. Half the reason why nissan has so much trouble selling it's top line cars here.

370z any day. The Audi looks terrible and is indeed a hair dresser car. As for dynamics, I haven't driven either so take this how you will, but I'd find it difficult to believe there is too much separating the two.

Oh, and have you ever heard a 370 at full song? What a glorious sound!

Havent had the pleasure of hearing the 370 from outside,

but i know that with my 350 (before i had the HKS fitted) mustv sounded quite aggressive cos id get stares for just opening the throttle up slightly.

Haha,

this guy with the spark plug :devil:

Thanks for the advice mate, much appreciated. He wont buy second hand though, better tax deductions and what not for him if he buys brand new etc. 370 held its on though, was a smoothe ride and had loads of power with a decent note for a stockie also. Plus i liked the fact that theres only 1 model as opposed to the 350 and you get everything standard such as sat nav, electric seats bar a reversing camera.

Not sure what you mean by better tax deductions with a new car? As a bit off topic the luxury car tax depreciation limit is ~$57,000. So tax deductions wise it is irrelevant when the purchase price is above this cost, though you do get some GST back with a new car.

In any case go the 370z :blink:

I test drove the Audi TT-RS before I bought the GTR and was not super impressed with it. Lovely interior...and much improved exterior with all the add on bits...but I still felt it looked too much like the original TT (esp from the rear) which IMO is a very bad thing. Even the cooler RS model still looked faggy. I think its overpriced for what it is and so I imagine the same situation with the lower level TT-S. 

I think the 370Z or BMW would be a better pick. Also the 370 and BMW will not make you look like a fag, unlike the audi TT-S. 

I test drove the Audi TT-RS before I bought the GTR and was not super impressed with it. Lovely interior...and much improved exterior with all the add on bits...but I still felt it looked too much like the original TT (esp from the rear) which IMO is a very bad thing. Even the cooler RS model still looked faggy. I think its overpriced for what it is and so I imagine the same situation with the lower level TT-S. 

I think the 370Z or BMW would be a better pick. Also the 370 and BMW will not make you look like a fag, unlike the audi TT-S. 

Great opinion,

think il have to let him have a read of this given you were in the same situation if not greater. I actually wasnt impressed with the quality/finish of the interior given it was an Audi, looked and felt rather cheap for what it claims to be.

Agree TTRS is overpriced but TTS is good car, just have problems with their S-Tronic gearboxs. So if he is getting manual :P

I think the Audi is greater then the 370Z and 335 hands down though.

S4 is my favourite audi for sure, he will have to replace his water pump when it leaks (0-5000km) unless already done. Apart from that and usual S-Tronic issues, oh and bluetooth control unit shitting itself, great car!!!

If he is no rush Audi RS3 will be here next yr, slightly less poofy then TT-S but more of a chicks car. That will be powered by TTRS motor.

Has he looked at S5? or RS4 (b7)??? Used cars but definately around TTS price.

Get him to test drive the M Sport 7 speed DCT 335i coupe and see what he thinks.

My old man was in a similar situation after selling the Monaro and had a good look at what was around for around the 100k mark.

Fell in love with the handling/comfort and speed of the 335i (and this was coming from a nearly 400rwkw Monaro!) and ended up getting an 09 M Sport.

Now the modding begins :bunny:

Edited by PM-R33

My girlfriend had a tt and whenever I drove it I felt like I was on gaydar patrol. It's definatelly not a masculine car and it doesn't have that aggressive look. It's overpriced and I'm surprised it's not as powerful and cars in the same price bracket. I had an old bommodore slightly worked and kept up with it.

He has decided to go the 370Z.

At under $65k drive away, 3.7% finance it ended up being a total no brainer. We also had a look at the AMG SLK-350, but agreed it looked a little too my ex wife screwed me good and proper and look what she bought!

Unrelated matter, how INSANE is an Audi RS4...one blew past me this morning, didnt know whether to shiezer or go blind.

Not sure what you mean by better tax deductions with a new car? As a bit off topic the luxury car tax depreciation limit is ~$57,000. So tax deductions wise it is irrelevant when the purchase price is above this cost, though you do get some GST back with a new car.

In any case go the 370z :banana:

Correct. There are no further tax deductions beyond a purchase price of approx $57K. You can only claim the GST if the entity purchasing the vehicle is an ABN holder and the vehicle is either new or bought second hand from another ABN holder and they can provide you a tax invoice for the purchase. But even then you are capped on your GST claim to the luxury car tax threshold. The only advantage in buying a car higher than the luxury car threshold and even if you can call it an advantage is claiming a higher interest payment. Even better if you can justify 99% company use. False ecomony in my opinion. But I bought for the vehicle, tax benefits were just a bonus.