SAU Community

Kando Dynamics Turbo

SimonR32

I can't remember, and i am not searching but don't R34 gtr turbos have smaller exhaust housings? .64 vs .48?

theres enough info on the net with back to back BB versus journal and i've backed to backed it aswell,(BB T28 versus journal) transient response is "slighlty" better, but only really noticed on light throttle openings(1/4 throttle, bringing up a few pounds of boost ), so maybe for a motorkhana car its worth it, for the rest of us it won't make a difference

cheers

darren

they both use the .48 rear housing.

even without seeing jez's results yet, i rekon the td06sl2-20g is already a winner for a rb25 without too much lag.

if i can manage to low mount this and weld the gate straight onto the rear housing (38mm will def fit, not sure about 44mm??) then it will be something i will do.

will wait for ARTZ to see how he goes with low mounting his unit.

I'd be going the 40mm comp gate anyway 1. because it should sound better 2. because its cheaper!

trent seems to use them often with no issues.

yeah i want to cause its a very compact unit..

..but tial comes with 7 different springs TS comes with 7psi only which means I need to buy more springs :(

ill see how much i can score some for.. :)

pipe i have is 46 Outside 40 Inside.. so i measured it up..and although it looks like ti will fit from the outside but when I measured the inside of the turbo housing, because of the thickness of the walls, I think a 40mm hole is going to be the limit as the inside of the housing just wont accomodate a 44mm hole. so even if i have a 44mm gate im only going to have a 40mm pipe feeding it.

DSC03098.jpg

from everything i have read, it is meant to be the best place for it, run it off at an angle less than 90 degree and it should have great boost control..

TS site says to keep the gate at least 100mm away from the housing though, away from the heat as much as possible Guess i will take my chances with it under a heatshield....

wg.png

**Although this setup may work on paper i really have doubts as to its sustainability if it was running hot for extended periods..**