SAU Community

Jap Parts (Maddington) ?

Nic_A31

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what's happened with these guys?

Phone is off the hook, premises is all cleaned out. No updates on their website, YellowPages info, etc

Just vanished ?

All shut up, to many back yarder's selling cars and tight arse eBay shoppers buying from local home based web site shops or over east meant not viable so they closed down.

No public fire sale as the only people buying stuff would of been the people who didn't support him when he was open so F#@K them all.

well when you do go to see him ,he WANTED SILLY prices & would not sell a Heater hose,so i guess he only has hiself to blame.

What was the reasoning with not selling the heater hose, might be the part attached wouldn't work to well with out it.

This.

Eventually sold me a FUEL FLAP for $80...

So you couldn't get it any were cheaper then, people aren't forced to pay what he asked.

What was the reasoning with not selling the heater hose, might be the part attached wouldn't work to well with out it.

So you couldn't get it any were cheaper then, people aren't forced to pay what he asked.

No, I could if I waited over east, however my car was in the paint shop and I needed the flap asap to be painted.

Edited by Ten Four

Can't agree with the negative views here.

With him, it was always "yeah I have it - come get it whenever" or "yeah i've got it - come take it off halfcut yourself or gimme an hour or so and i'll get around to it".

Prices weren't great, they weren't shit either. Closest wrecker to me. Shame to see 'em go.

Edited by Nic_A31

It's sad to see businesses that have been operating for a long time shut doors. However I think there needs to be a balance between and a fair price and expecting things for nothing, ie Wreckers wanting $350 for a headlight and someone offering $35. No disrespect to the silvia and 180sx platform but that market has become destroyed with everything worth close to nothing now with used OEM parts, affecting the sales of new performance parts as the price gap is so huge from a second hand turbo unit to a new Garret upgrade. Unfortunately it appears it is happening to the R32 and R33 market and in a economic crisis people either sell gear very cheap or low offers are accepted, lowering the perceived value of things. This rubs off onto other things like workshops potentially making them suffer as once their turnover would have come from the S13 R32 R33 ect

Edited by monga

s13's are a dime a dozen these days, only bout 3yrs ago a crap sr20det manual was about 12k, these days can get for 5-7k .

while i was sourcing a bonnet for a mate, a wreckers (not jap parts) told me that japan uses r32 parts ie: gtst bonnets as cover sheets for packing other bonnets (GTR etc) then he told me he wanted $350 for an r32 gtst bonnet, scratched with a big dent in it. inflation much?! im suprised that place is still in business.. tho they do mostly crappy old corolla, magna jap car parts etc

Edited by Char

I went there once 2 years ago with my brother-in-law when he had a 180sx, and I was thinking of going there again someday after I got my V35 for some stock parts to play around with. :(

Would anyone know any other places in Perth instead?

steve may is STILL around????

i remember going there when i was like, 16. feeling fuucking terrified. i thought he was going to kill me!

and his dogs!!!!!

Rancor.jpg

haha

i once picked up a set of tail lights for cefiro from him - he said he didn't want me to go to his house, said "just drive.. i'll find you"

i was like... umm. okay.

i get in my car and just start "driving" then all of a sudden a silvia and a skyline flank me, we do the transaction on the side of a busy street - in the car boot - would have looked very good?

oh and steve was no where to be seen... hahaha

steve may is STILL around????

i remember going there when i was like, 16. feeling fuucking terrified. i thought he was going to kill me!

and his dogs!!!!!

Rancor.jpg

haha

i once picked up a set of tail lights for cefiro from him - he said he didn't want me to go to his house, said "just drive.. i'll find you"

i was like... umm. okay.

i get in my car and just start "driving" then all of a sudden a silvia and a skyline flank me, we do the transaction on the side of a busy street - in the car boot - would have looked very good?

oh and steve was no where to be seen... hahaha

Fark me, Rowan! You made me jump out of my seat with this photo! :D