SAU Community

info

Guest rcd

Hi all,

recently bought a 4 door 93' r33 gts-t auto. the 4 door is for practicle purposes and the auto is because at my age, I've had a gutfull of manuals. The Skyline, well I'm still a rev-head at heart. Also have a Bedford van with a 400 Chev and about halfway thru' customising it. Also have an earlier model 626 import (my previous car) that I will be doing up for the daughter.

The Skyline is in absolutely mint condition, a credit to the little Jap that had it b/4. It is silver with back wind and gtr grill and m-spec bar and spoiler and 17" BBS mags. Not sure how to add a picture to this post.

Well, back to the purpose of this post. Am wanting to know if there is anyone in Perth who imports various parts for the skyline and also what brand of platinum plugs are recommended and who stocks them. Also does anyone in Perth have English version workshop manuals for the r33.

I'm south of the river.

Thanx

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use NGK platinums, I did have the part number somewhere but I cant find it (I'll keep looking). I got them from marlows, pretty common plugs, about $25 each though should last quite a few km's and are gapped at 1mm std. If your running standard boost thats fine, if you up the boost you may want to re-gap them to 0.8mm.

Rob

Thanx to all for the info, and Nexus-six how the **** did you know my car?? Thanx for putting the pic in. Bear in mind that it has the m-spec spoiler at front, which I preferred to the gtr one.

The car looks better in real life. When my cousin saw it he commented that it was nicer than what he saw on the web site. My daughter loves it, skylines are her favourite car. She was expecting me to get a 300z as that was the preferred car at the time. But it would have been a totally impractable vehicle considering she has a little "bub". So all has turned out for the better and I think the "line" is probably a better car all round. Absolutely love it. And thax again to Paul from Autoworx, nothing was too difficult during the deal.

Am looking for a red "S" to put on the grill, if anyone has a spare and wants to sell it, please let me know

Regards

rcd

Hey rcd. I think I've seen you cruise down Kewick link a few times?

As for a manual in English they are available from a mob in Indonesia. I'll see if I can find the details as I think I may have passed thgem on when selling my R33.

I have seen it and photocopied the top end stuff as the bottom end looked a lot like a RB30 manual. I think Forsteen has them on his web site.

yeah puckish, I live just off the link. Only get to drive it a couple of times a week as I'm mostly in my bedford van with work.

Enjoy driving the "line" immensely. Could end up in deep sh*t with this thing if I don't watch out. Have always been a rev-head.

Love driving the Bedford also with the 400 Chev, but it's a little long legged with the 2.75:1 9". Will eventually bring it down to 3.25:1. Needs a little more bodywork b/4 I get some paint on it.

Got to gap the plugs down to .8mm on the "line" as the boost has been taken up to 10psi and it's missing b/n 5000-6500 rpm. Hopefully getting new plugs tomorrow, if I can fing some.

Thanx Joe for the greeting.

Bye for now

Ric

hey Ric

for plugs try these

NGK BCPR7ES

there copper gapped at 0.8mm and extra cold (or something means they work better with more boost.)

can get them from marlows, auto 1, repco etc. about 4 bucks each and last for 20,000km or you can ask for the NGK iridiums that are equivalent to the coppers above. they will cost about $20-25 each and last about 100,000-120,000km.

Cheers

Troy

ps nice car :(

for the manual,

i know your south of the river but the only place i know that have english ones are Downunder auto imports on oxford street leederville closer to the scarborough beach road end. cant remember the price, ive never got around to getting one

Thanx Troy for the info. Trying to find a shop that has Platinum or Iridium plugs for the Line on the shelf. Phoned a few south of the river, with no luck.

Does anyone know of a parts shop with these plugs in stock, open Sunday?

Thanx John and Rob for info on manual.

Rob, is the price you quoted for workshop manual or owner manual?

Regards

Ric

I just got iridiums from coventrys, $19 each. Ring your local shop, cause they have to get them from morley. Thats a pretty good price cause a couple of local performance shops quoted ahem, $35 a plug.

I had a hesitation problem at low revs, and the iridiums gapped at .8 fixed it.

BTW it says not to gap them, but just be really careful when doing it.

Thanx Deesh, I picked some up today from Repco in Cannington, they got them in for me this morning. They cost me $21 ea. Someone had suggested Coventrys but I've always found them expensive. I guess not this time.

The packaging did say not to gap them, but I'm not one for being told no to something, so I set them at .8mm and it has fixed the misfiring. Went for a small rap around the block and the revs went to 7000rpm without a problem, ran out of road. Haha.

Did something that you guys will probably crucify me for. I'll explain the situation first, then tell you what I did.

The grille is a GTR type and has this piece of fibreglass in the centre at the back, which serves 2 purposes. Firstly it is a major support for the grille, basically holding the top and bottom pieces together. Secondly it takes the GTR badge. And because of the size of this piece, a GTR badge is all that will cover it.

So, you guessed it, I put a GTR badge on it. Oh well call me a dill or worse if you wish. Looks good tho'.

Didn't really want to cut that piece of glass down, would probably have stuffed it up

I'll understand if you guys don't want to talk to me anymore.

Cya

Ric

Hey if someones got a GTS badge thats the same size as the GTR, I'd gladly swap them for it, but it would have to cover that stupid piece of fibreglass that it mounts on.

I couldn't find anything of the same size as the GTR badge. The "S" badge is too small.

In anycase most would know that a GTR is a 2 door.