SAU Community

What Have You Done To Your Stagea Lately?

Hanso

Well I finally followed in Spoolin12's footsteps and installed the Works-Bell Paddle Shifter Kit for the M35 from Tunersgroup :rolleyes: Big kudos to Scott for installing them as he really did a fantastic job! Also a big thanks to spoolin12 for providing a well detailed 'how-to' post. Between following the how-to guide, the included instructions, and Scott's expertise, we had them installed in ~2 hrs :cheers: The fiddly bits for the most part were trying to get that damn little white plug out that controls all the shifting, and the finite adjustments for the paddles that leave no room to swing an allen key!! but apart from that a great bit of kit. Haven't really taken any of my own pics yet, I will when I get a chance. Check out Chris's pics of his install.. pretty much looks exactly same as mine.

Initial impressions are that it does feel rock solid as the main body attaches with 6 screws that bolt up to a metal backing plate behind the steering column cover. The paddles bolt up to the micro-switches via 6 allen keys on either side allowing adjustment for angle, height, and protrusion. It also feels nicely finished and of good quality with the carbon fibre paddles, and although the raw carbon looks sexy, I reckon you could almost get away with stainless steel, or maybe strong plastic to keep costs down!!

As for the downsides, I don't have any really :P I do agree with Chris that it could be a bit higher, but I think it was initially designed for the 350Z's and adapted to suit the V35/M35's. Another small niggle is that sometimes my knuckles skim the paddles while cornering, etc. which I could probably negate with some tweaking.. Gets the thumbs up from me!! :thumbsup: Would highly recommend one of these kits for our cars!!

post-1882-0-50977100-1376536406_thumb.jpg

post-1882-0-87162200-1376536416_thumb.jpg

Finally got my engine rebuilt properly this time: went to go for run in tune, and both my rear shocks were leaking like sieves, so out went the bilsteins and in went some HSD coilovers. Have to say they are a massive improvement in ride and handling, with the added benefit of being able to take the extra 1/2 inch out of the front height, so the car now looks level as well. Was more than happy...

...until 350km into the run in when I started to have a major boost leak. Was in Byron bay at the time, so limped the car back to the Gold Coast and discovered that my spangly new HKS GR-SS rear turbo had let go due to oil starvation when the last engine popped...

In for a penny, in for a pound, so I but the billet and bought a brand new pair of 2860 -5 turbos, and finished the run in.

Off to the dyno for the power tune, but we ran out of fuel pump capacity, peaking at a very lean 458awhp, running like a dog off throttle due to externally venting bovs.

Just picked it up today with a bigger intank 450lph walbro fuel pump and recirculating bov.

Hoping to go in next week for the final tune, but not looking for too much more power: it already scares the hell out of me detuned to 430awhp!

skyguy3804, on 15 Aug 2013 - 13:04, said:

Well I finally followed in Spoolin12's footsteps and installed the Works-Bell Paddle Shifter Kit for the M35 from Tunersgroup :rolleyes: Big kudos to Scott for installing them as he really did a fantastic job! Also a big thanks to spoolin12 for providing a well detailed 'how-to' post. Between following the how-to guide, the included instructions, and Scott's expertise, we had them installed in ~2 hrs :cheers: The fiddly bits for the most part were trying to get that damn little white plug out that controls all the shifting, and the finite adjustments for the paddles that leave no room to swing an allen key!! but apart from that a great bit of kit. Haven't really taken any of my own pics yet, I will when I get a chance. Check out Chris's pics of his install.. pretty much looks exactly same as mine.

Initial impressions are that it does feel rock solid as the main body attaches with 6 screws that bolt up to a metal backing plate behind the steering column cover. The paddles bolt up to the micro-switches via 6 allen keys on either side allowing adjustment for angle, height, and protrusion. It also feels nicely finished and of good quality with the carbon fibre paddles, and although the raw carbon looks sexy, I reckon you could almost get away with stainless steel, or maybe strong plastic to keep costs down!!

As for the downsides, I don't have any really :P I do agree with Chris that it could be a bit higher, but I think it was initially designed for the 350Z's and adapted to suit the V35/M35's. Another small niggle is that sometimes my knuckles skim the paddles while cornering, etc. which I could probably negate with some tweaking.. Gets the thumbs up from me!! :thumbsup: Would highly recommend one of these kits for our cars!!

hmmmmm.....mine arrives tomorrow I hope! :cheers:

I hear Scott was to scared to drive it!!!!

Edited by Jetwreck

how are the gear changes? Compared to tiptrpnic

I think they feel a bit better/quicker than selecting via tiptronic.. I have however found the rev limiter a few times now as I just haven't flicked the paddle firm enough :wub:

Used paddles once

Thought it was rubbish and havnt used again, changes too slow, probably need a shift kit to fix it

But don't know if that will speed the change from when the button is pushed and when the gears actually start changing though

Anyone done it?

Change it a 5k hopefully it changes by 9k lol

Change at 4.5rpm to 5rpm and I have a perfect limiter bounce with a small flame/POP.

I'm pretty sure it would be easier if I still had the standard 3.0's front and rear diff ratio's.

The best thing is being able to shift down without taking your hand off the wheel and also being able to short shift to bring the tank back in line when sliding!

Edited by Jetwreck