SAU Community

Toluene Cheaper Than 98 Octane , Thoughts ?

be honest, you are running a meth lab at home, stop these nonsense stories of mixing your own fuels and such

I don't need to run a meth lab, I work at the pharmacy :thumbsup:. We have poor quality fuels here, imported from Singapore or Philippines, so I have to mix my own fuel for my R33 GTST. If you want, I can teach you and your husband several fuel mixtures of my own for free.

Being a cyclic hydrocarbon and containing 7 carbon atoms per 8 hydrogen atoms, as opposed to octane and other alkanes that have more than two hydrogen atoms per 1 carbon atom, doesn't toluene or xylene produce significant amounts of soot compared to usual petrol? It is not a problem for race engines that get rebuilt before every race, but may not be suitable for street engine that sees little maintenance.

I don't get soot, probably because the I don't run pure toluene or xylene. You do get a lot of soot from just plain flame burning toluene or xylene, but it is around the same as gasoline. As I said, I haven't had any problems from years of running toluene mixes with my engines. And if soot bothers, then diesel engines should have more problems than gasoline engines, which they don't (stupid logic I know).

91 octane now costs 1.99.9 . and thats in the major cities .

to buy e 85 here you have to buy a drum and get it shipped like 800 kays and it costs $600 before shipping

cheers to people who had something relevant to say .

go away who ever copied and pasted something from wikipedia