SAU Community

Insurance For Nissan Stagea

RS4-S

Got a call today from J*ST C*RS insurance (aka AMI*) saying that lately given the amount of stageas stolen lately they have to basically double my current insurance policy. The woman i spoke to was very helpful and basically said that her company doesnt want to insure them so will just raise the cost of insurance on them so high no one will want to get coverage through them. she also hinted at the fact that are stolen and used for their size and speed as couriers for illegal stuff. Anyone else get a call today/lately in regard to this? originally my partner called sh*n*ons but they said sorry love but we only cover motoring enthueists (which i am but i didnt have time to call them, may have to now).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a call today from J*ST C*RS insurance (aka AMI*) saying that lately given the amount of stageas stolen lately they have to basically double my current insurance policy. The woman i spoke to was very helpful and basically said that her company doesnt want to insure them so will just raise the cost of insurance on them so high no one will want to get coverage through them. she also hinted at the fact that are stolen and used for their size and speed as couriers for illegal stuff. Anyone else get a call today/lately in regard to this? originally my partner called sh*n*ons but they said sorry love but we only cover motoring enthueists (which i am but i didnt have time to call them, may have to now).

No probs with mine. Just under $700, $20,500 full comp cover for NM35 ARX, NRMA, full no claim bonus, mature age (little do they know!).

well that sucks, im pretty sure NRMA said to my partner they dont touch imports( edit: we're under 25 and its an import) and why would just cars call when i started my policy in november too? im 25 in april so that will classify me as a mature age driver too (apparently age doesnt mean shit too just cars though)

Edited by RS4-S

I'm with just car, I didn't get a call though. My renewal is up in march so I'll see what it goes up to. I got all excited about cheaper insurance when I turned 25, it come down by about $100, before lifting $300 the following year when I was 26. My premium is $1100, $400 excess, list of mods as long as my arm.

i think this is what il do tomoro, also she said "and we've got listed here that your car is completely standard apart from wheels and an aftermarket turbo timer?", i was like yep thats it, she also was trying to put me onto 3rd party fire and theft which is heaps cheaper but i only get 10k if the car is written off if stolen or torched and i can add extras like wheels etc at smaller costs (im getting mailed a list of "mods" and the addition costs of adding them to a 3rd party fire and theft policy. im paying $1720 a yr for 2 drivers under 25 for full comp. my premium is $1500 and hers is $1200 (ive had my license suspensed for speeding when i was 17)

tell them that the other driver is only just for emergencies and that they rarely drive the car

my gf is 19 and listed on my policy but it didn't put the price up cos i told them the above :)

got my RS4S insured at nrma for 18k and pay 108 per month incl unlimited glass insurance. wooooop

would saved 50 bucks if i paid it all in one go.

also im 23 so still under 25 too.

edit: no call saying that its gone up.... and im in eastern suburbs of sydney

Edited by Bronx

The whole Shannons "we only insure enthusiasts" thing is fine; you ARE an enthusiast.

Tell them you love motorsport, you work on your own car,(servicing and mods) and others cars, 'cos you love it.

Tell them you're on a forum with other like minded enthusiasts, this is what they're looking for.

It's all true anyway.

The only issue you may have is your age when dealing with Shannons, I think they only deal with over 30's.

Edited by Daleo

The whole Shannons "we only insure enthusiasts" thing is fine; you ARE an enthusiast.

Tell them you love motorsport, you work on your own car,(servicing and mods) and others cars, 'cos you love it.

Tell them you're on a forum with other like minded enthusiasts, this is what they're looking for.

It's all true anyway.

The only issue you may have is your age when dealing with Shannons, I think they only deal with over 30's.

I think they only deal with over 30's.

i know a few 20yo that are insured with em. im gonna give them a call tomorrow and hve a crack. see how i go..

Im still only 18, and I only pay $900 a year full Comp for my Rs4???

is it under your name entirely? or under your parents..

Who you insured with? lol I would love that!! mines gone up to 3k with just car. i dont wanna stay wid em.

i called shannons and proved i was a motoring enthusiast - 27yrs old with no claims, no suspensions, rating 1 history - they responded with quoting my a premium of around $2900 for full comp.

went with just cars (mainly because i had to by that stage), this was in november last year too. pay around 800 for full comp (2k excess). no phone calls either - but i pray they don't!

Im with just car too, pretty much exactly the same policy as pipster, 130 a month, covered for 17500, no phone calls and my policy renews in a week have already recieved a letter and my costs have gone down not up, sounds like something funny going on if your the only one getting phone calls? :blink: or it might just be happening in your area?

ok well, i told my gf to call justcars hotline today and play dumb and ask for an insurance quote for our stagea and he said yep no probs, what model, modified? etc etc and then said the price we are paying now, and then my gf said so theres no issues because i had a call from X lady yesterday about you guys putting the price up and he put her on hold for 15 mins and then came back and said im putting you though to our regional manager.... the manager then explained that they're database had been hacked and info had been stolen but aparently the only info taken was very few numbers and car models (04 xxx xxx - nissan stagea) they were waiting awhile to see if anyone was affected and afew have come forward with the same story and they are sending out letters (not sure if its just the affected or everyone). when we spoke with the lady who CLAIMED to be from justcars she left a direct number to call her back and said call this number not the direct justcars hotline, my gf mentioned this to the manager who then told her not to call the number and he didnt want to give her any info on who these people were and why they called etc and said he would call us back tomoro.

so im guessing these people could be theives calling with the number and car model they have saying "hi im calling from justcars how are you? can i confirm you name and address please?" (bamm now they know your name and where the car is kept) then might shit on and get more info (like what brand is your immobilsier?) and then 2 weeks later you car is gone. (note: only name was given to caller not address, she asked us to call her back and give her our address if we wanted details/forms sent out)

or they could be another insurance company trying to steal customers?

be careful with your info SAU

Edited by RS4-S

There's a lesson in that, no legit company should ever call you and ask for your details, how do you know who THEY are? My bank anz did it to me for a while and I would just hang up on them how the f**k do I know who's on the other end.