SAU Community

R34 Exhaust - My Experience

Hey mate, you wouldn't happen to drive a white R34 with jdmst sticker on the left hand side rear quarter window, would you? :O

hahaha yeah thats me, how the shit did you work that out ? :S

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha yeah thats me, how the shit did you work that out ? :S

ahaha, wouldn't happen to go to mitcham kebabs from time to time?

this was awhile ago, but was there once when (who i'm assuming was you now) was just leaving, and car sounded fckn hawt (:

saw it had a twintip, and when i read this thread thought...maybe..LOL. what are the chances xD.

Heres my N/A with a HKS exhaust.

Wow, catless NA making flames? Cool. Sounds good. How does the car feel with and without a cat? I'm assuming after a 3", catless would provide even less 'backpressure'. Ta.

Also are the kebabs in Mitcham as good as the Footscray Kebab House ones?

Edited by TyresBro

haha ive never had a kebab from footscray, but I'm just gonna go ahead & say yes, THAT'S how good mitcham is ;)

potential n/a skyline cruise finishing up at mitcham kebabs ? lol

Yeah I've never had the one's from footSCARY either :S

I've heard good things about coburg, though? Gotta try them sometime.

But really...mitcham ftw.

Haha lol definitely should do that. Should start there as well.... :P

Didnt really make much power being 4wd around 110-115rwkw

heres a vid of it in the motorkhana http://www.youtube.c...u/3/IICEnPMFPzg

Not very descriptive :P Not bad for NA though. Tyre squeal sounds loud. Did it feel like the mid range torque dropped with the cat out? Or improvement?

Would also be interested in NA cruise lol. Buzzboxes roaming the streets. Also if you do plan on going to the Footscray one, don't go at night as that place isn't really ideal to go late if you know what I mean lol. It'll be across the Commonwealth Bank incase I'm not there.

• 1 month later...

I've got a 2.5" Kakimoto Full Mega N1 catback, get some good comments from people about the sound.

Though the Kakimoto R is an oval shaped muffler, so there may be a difference in the tone.

Hey guys, nice post!

My cars got a custom 2.5" mandrel bent mild steel cat back, the usual recommendations, i got it second hand off someone in the forums, center muffler included!

The muffler at the end is due to be replaced soon, I was told it'd crack in about 6 months time (when i bought it which was well over 6 months ago I think - but I don't really drive all too much anymore these days so perhaps thats why)

I'm not a huge fan of cannons in general, I prefer a more subtle look and was planning to replace it with a good oval twin tip muffler on the end ..

Any brands recommended?

in a sort of answer to my own question, ive seen a few people recommend varex, magnaflow and lukey (which are apparently quite similar but lukey slightly quieter .. in which case id go lukey!)

any other opinions?

sounds good mate! :) I have pretty much the same system but I've got a cannon on the end (it came with the 2nd hand exhaust I bought)

Was considering getting the varex muffler, sounds good, I was considering Lukey/Magnaflow before though

thanks mate !!

i'd go magnaflow over lukey, lukey seems to be targetted more at commodores/falcons than imports.

on my old VS calais, it came with a full lukey exhaust (extractors too) had a nice note but was very quiet :S