SAU Community

R34 Exhaust - My Experience

i never said all NA people were ricers, but there are plenty of them. their posts generally run to the tune of..

"OMG i just a got a fully sick GTR bodykit and 3" exhaust for my NA skyline, and it's totally sick! on the way home i totally laughed at a ricer in a lancer with all the same mods as me but it's a totally different situation because he drivers a base model, non turbo lancer all kitted out and i drive base model, non turbo skyline that is all kitted out......."

We think too much alike Marc....STOP IT!

f*ck you guys are cool !!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whatt!!! Thats amazing!!

I'm with HBF Will have to call up and have a look if not maybe ill switch to Just Car .. HBF does us a better deal cos our house and all cars are insured with them though.

at the moment for an n/a skyline im paying 700 a year ... was quoted somewhere in the 3000's for a turbo car which is probably more than I make ... wacko.gif

If it doesnt cost me that much to insure it I'll definitely go for the RB25DE+T Conversion since I get to keep my current engine :)

Yeh I pay 900 a year full comp, all mods covered. Excess is high, but I wouldn't make a claim for small things anyway so it doesn't bug me in the slightest.

Lol watch out, they will get you hook line and sinker man.

Oh wait... :laugh:

900 a years real good man, how old dya have to be before the turbo insurance stops being so freakin expensive?

Nothing to do with having a turbo. When I first got it, I was 18. Cost me ~$1300 a year from memory. Now I'm 20, so it comes down a fair bit every year. Value of the car has been increased a lot since I bought it as well, it's insured for 24k at the moment.

Edited by Hanaldo

Its not about being cool, we both speaketh the truth in this section.

Which is, telling dickheads that their NA skyline is not the be all and end all of performance cars...infact its not even a performance car.

If I had a choice between an N/A skyline and a Civic, I would take the civic hands down, throw suspension and brakes at the thing and hose turbo skylines at the race track.

But then I use "performance" cars for their intended use, not to so my makes think its sounds cool in the maccas drive through.

thanks mate !!

i'd go magnaflow over lukey, lukey seems to be targetted more at commodores/falcons than imports.

on my old VS calais, it came with a full lukey exhaust (extractors too) had a nice note but was very quiet :S

LOL at this....its a f**king muffler.....they seem more targetted at quietning down exhaust systems if you ask me.

LOL at this....its a f**king muffler.....they seem more targetted at quietning down exhaust systems if you ask me.

Unless you're one of those people that stick monster cannon mufflers on the end of your stock exhaust system to make the car louder unsure.gif

at any point has anyone in this thread tried to claim that their n/a skyline is the pinnacle of sports cars?

I sure as hell have not.

read through a fast fours magazine - any mention of lukey parts on feature cars or ads throughout? no.

street commodores , street machine etc on the other hand, yes.

that's what I meant by targetted.

that's really great that you would take a civic over an n/a skyline, how the shit is that relevant?

get off your high horse mate.

at any point has anyone in this thread tried to claim that their n/a skyline is the pinnacle of sports cars?

I sure as hell have not.

read through a fast fours magazine - any mention of lukey parts on feature cars or ads throughout? no.

street commodores , street machine etc on the other hand, yes.

that's what I meant by targetted.

that's really great that you would take a civic over an n/a skyline, how the shit is that relevant?

get off your high horse mate.

Omg bro, like fuller sik uleh!!! It sounds more like the commodore guys have all four a good product and use it yet you read fast fours and other junk and it's all "Chiba brand knock ff crap"... You know what it says to me!? NA skyline owners are cheap skates! dream boats...

Everybody calm down ...

I am quite sure everybody on this thread at least with an n/a accepts that our cars are rather slow, and that they are difficult to make any decent power out of.

There's nothing wrong with wanting/owning an n/a skyline, some of us like it because we just enjoy the car because of its history or designing or whatever, and cannot afford the turbo or the costs that may come with a turbo ..

the only time you guys have a justification of having a massive go at n/a skyline owners are when their di**s who hoon around on the streets and think their awesome. but then they deserve to have a go at even if they had a turbo skyline cos in the end of the day, their still a di** hooning around on the street.

If n/a skyline owners enjoy having a nice looking car with some good cosmetics and handling, then let them be ..

Seriously people grow up, no need to have a go at people for what they have or dont have

Everybody calm down ...

I am quite sure everybody on this thread at least with an n/a accepts that our cars are rather slow, and that they are difficult to make any decent power out of.

There's nothing wrong with wanting/owning an n/a skyline, some of us like it because we just enjoy the car because of its history or designing or whatever, and cannot afford the turbo or the costs that may come with a turbo ..

the only time you guys have a justification of having a massive go at n/a skyline owners are when their di**s who hoon around on the streets and think their awesome. but then they deserve to have a go at even if they had a turbo skyline cos in the end of the day, their still a di** hooning around on the street.

If n/a skyline owners enjoy having a nice looking car with some good cosmetics and handling, then let them be ..

Seriously people grow up, no need to have a go at people for what they have or dont have

Couldn't agree more.

Not everyone is in it for the performance and not everyone cares if it takes 8 seconds to get to 100Km/h, because that extra 4-5 seconds is gonna kill me :rolleyes:

Take your hate on someone who doesn't respect the road rules or peoples lives, not someone who just wants a nice sounding exhaust OR a nice looking car.....

Also if we are driving N/A skylines on our L's/P's we're evidently not cheap skates....clearly the law is restricting us from driving turbos, after all you can pickup a Turbo R34 Skyline for about the same price as a N/A R34 Skyline.

I'm positive not many 17 y/o's have enough money for 1 let alone 2 R34's, so calling N/A Skyline owners cheap skates is just a stupid statement.

Couldn't agree more.

Not everyone is in it for the performance and not everyone cares if it takes 8 seconds to get to 100Km/h, because that extra 4-5 seconds is gonna kill me :rolleyes:

Take your hate on someone who doesn't respect the road rules or peoples lives, not someone who just wants a nice sounding exhaust OR a nice looking car.....

Also if we are driving N/A skylines on our L's/P's we're evidently not cheap skates....clearly the law is restricting us from driving turbos, after all you can pickup a Turbo R34 Skyline for about the same price as a N/A R34 Skyline.

I'm positive not many 17 y/o's have enough money for 1 let alone 2 R34's, so calling N/A Skyline owners cheap skates is just a stupid statement.

Cheap skates was because you see most jap imports with china knock off parts on them.

And check the other treads in this section, at least once a week someone starts a thread "omg I thought my car was going to be fast..."

Secondly, you must be in this section for going fast... That's why it's the "naturally aspirated PERFORMANCE" section...

Although, some people are confused on this and talkabout suspension and general automotive rather then in the suspension and general sections... Maybe there's alot of stupid NA drivers too...

Cheap skates? I disagree. Most n/a skyline owners as people have pointed out, are P platers and in their teens.

How many teens do you think can afford expensive branded parts? Their doing the best they can with what they have.

Not even necessarily trying to go fast maybe we just want to get the most we can out of our car.

yes I agree there are a bunch of people who post up stupid things like omg my car isnt fast wtf. If you want to flame go for it

But has anybody in this thread said anything about that?

Do you personally have any reason for giving everybody in this thread all these pointless comments?