SAU Community

R34 Exhaust - My Experience

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheap skates? I disagree. Most n/a skyline owners as people have pointed out, are P platers and in their teens.

How many teens do you think can afford expensive branded parts? Their doing the best they can with what they have.

Not even necessarily trying to go fast maybe we just want to get the most we can out of our car.

yes I agree there are a bunch of people who post up stupid things like omg my car isnt fast wtf. If you want to flame go for it

But has anybody in this thread said anything about that?

Do you personally have any reason for giving everybody in this thread all these pointless comments?

At the age of 17 I bought an R33 GTS-t (going back 6 years now) and managed to buy expensive bits and pieces for it...

I worked, did school, and paid for my own shit (And no, parents never gave me a cent for cars!)

And the point for posting? Because there are so many people that come in here, claiming they've found the best thing out and it'll make the car gazzillion times faster, or better in some way and you can't get defected for it rah rah rah (Cause ZOMG my exhaust is quiet when I flick a switch), yet they're just making their car illegal, and defectable...

Half the people posting in this thread, are the same ones who post the other crap threads in this section. Year ago, we used to be polite, and try to empower them with more knowledge, after years of having it thrown back in our faces, we just don't care any more and flame. Do you geddit or has it still not sunk in yet?

Well good on you for having a good job and being able to work all the time and being able to make enough money.

If that's what you think, and you think their a lost cause, then why not just leave them to it?

Who cares? It makes them happy, they've refused to learn more and take good advice, so why flame everyone?

IMO Just ignore them, their happy with their slow and loud cars and to spend 1000s on their car trying to get a few extra hp, you're happier cos you dont have to bother with people you consider retarded.

I've seen you and zebra and marc posting good info on other threads, but why ruin your reputation for good info with pointless flames?

I've seen you and zebra and marc posting good info on other threads, but why ruin your reputation for good info with pointless flames?

Because fishing is more fun when things nibble and bite.

At the age of 17 I bought an R33 GTS-t (going back 6 years now) and managed to buy expensive bits and pieces for it...

I worked, did school, and paid for my own shit (And no, parents never gave me a cent for cars!)

And the point for posting? Because there are so many people that come in here, claiming they've found the best thing out and it'll make the car gazzillion times faster, or better in some way and you can't get defected for it rah rah rah (Cause ZOMG my exhaust is quiet when I flick a switch), yet they're just making their car illegal, and defectable...

Half the people posting in this thread, are the same ones who post the other crap threads in this section. Year ago, we used to be polite, and try to empower them with more knowledge, after years of having it thrown back in our faces, we just don't care any more and flame. Do you geddit or has it still not sunk in yet?

And....who's to say N/A drivers can't afford to buy expensive bits and pieces now.....I'm 17 now and bought a R34 and buying expensive bits and pieces for it now and no, my parents do not give me money either.

Yes, there are a lot a lot of idiots in the N/A section thinking their car is speed demon because of watching the F&F, but this thread ISN'T one of them, he was simply sharing his experience and thoughts, and here you are flaming everyone.....

Edited by Converge

Well good on you for having a good job and being able to work all the time and being able to make enough money.

If that's what you think, and you think their a lost cause, then why not just leave them to it?

Who cares? It makes them happy, they've refused to learn more and take good advice, so why flame everyone?

IMO Just ignore them, their happy with their slow and loud cars and to spend 1000s on their car trying to get a few extra hp, you're happier cos you dont have to bother with people you consider retarded.

Why?

Because I'm sick to death of the fact that these people (And others too) do illegal shit to, and in their cars, and then the media and police find out, and now we're a target.

My R33 has been resided to the fact of "You don't get cruised on the road any more" because of the public image, and police attention. My road rego, now is only used to get the car to and from the track. I'd have a tow car and trailer, but I have no where to keep one at the moment.

You have to remember, everything these guys do, affects the whole community.

I watched a P Plater yesterday in an R34 GT give his car full boot in a fairly congested area, grab second, chirp the tyres, and then nearly run up the back of the stationary cars in front.

We tried to show them the light, now we've resided to just ridiculing them, sometimes for our, and others amusement, but mainly so that hopefully they realise, being a douche, making their cars illegal, racing on the roads etc, isn't cool. It's the exact same theory the RTA had with the pinky curl ad, while we all laughed at it, it's true that if you did it at some monkey who was driving like a spastic, they started thinking twice about their driving... Same goes for the people in this seection with their driving, and how they modify their cars... Stupidly and illegally.

Why?

Because I'm sick to death of the fact that these people (And others too) do illegal shit to, and in their cars, and then the media and police find out, and now we're a target.

My R33 has been resided to the fact of "You don't get cruised on the road any more" because of the public image, and police attention. My road rego, now is only used to get the car to and from the track. I'd have a tow car and trailer, but I have no where to keep one at the moment.

I watched a P Plater yesterday in an R34 GT give his car full boot in a fairly congested area, grab second, chirp the tyres, and then nearly run up the back of the stationary cars in front.

We tried to show them the light, now we've resided to just ridiculing them, sometimes for our, and others amusement, but mainly so that hopefully they realise, being a douche, making their cars illegal, racing on the roads etc, isn't cool. It's the exact same theory the RTA had with the pinky curl ad, while we all laughed at it, it's true that if you did it at some monkey who was driving like a spastic, they started thinking twice about their driving... Same goes for the people in this seection with their driving, and how they modify their cars... Stupidly and illegally.

Ok, I respect what you said there, but just keep in mind, WE AREN'T ALL LIKE THIS!

I myself look down on people who thrash their cars and don't take other people into consideration.

I just wanted a R34 because I like the look of them, the only things I want to change are the Wheels, orange indicators, coil overs and a nice dark tint.

I'm sure the majority of the people here in this thread arguing over nothing, respect their cars, peoples lives and the road rules.

Oh and I'm in the Naturally Aspirated Performance section because I like to read and learn things, notice I haven't started a topic in this section before, I only joined in this thread because some guy was getting flamed at for nothing.

Edited by Converge

MBS: I can't believe you are an Executive when you behave like that. You are being an unruly child and you seem to go from thread to thread looking to start shit.

You seem to be able to serve but not receive. So as you plainly pointed out, it's the Naturally Aspirated "PERFORMANCE" section. Meanwhile you tatter on about the lack of performance they have.

Once again, you point out it's the "NATURALLY ASPIRATED" Perfomance section. So why are you here always throwing up negative feedback, or just being a downright retards towards people. I'd assume from your attitude that your car is a turbo? I'll get onto that later.

I see cheap China crap on Skylines, Supras, Corollas, Commodores, Falcons, Civics, MX's, etc etc etc, I'm not naming almost every model of car that's affordable to young people. Your ability to itemise statistics fails.

So if a year ago, every 'noob' and his dog was giving you so much apparent abuse to cause you that much pain that you'd invest time coming here to bitch heavily, how is any new user supposed to cushion into the SAU community with fools like you gallivanting around (as an Executive) showing them what long term, regular users (and Executives alike) act like? People like you are sending this forum to shit. Eventually it'll just be the same 30 trolls. It's already the case, really. What car do you own? You wrote car in the car field mate, we know it's a car, what is it. Do you own a Skyline at the moment? See what I'm getting at here? Participate in a positive manner, or just don't participate.

I tell ya there's a few people in the club that most would love to knock out. You sir, are one of them. Only because you act like such a wad. Get real and let everyone have a chat. You, and others like you, are the reason I have moved largely away from the forum, and the reason why I won't sign up to the club. It's a good club ruined by retards (like you) who look for trouble. It's the internet version of what you'd be a victim of out the front of a club. Then again, it would be good being a member of the club you exec, I'd have a better chance of meeting you in person, buddy.

----

Now that's been said. Go ahead, all the other turbo owning trolls from the wasteland. PM each other, gang up, hook line sinker, etc etc. Come in, have your little go, make a huge deal out of it. Bring your friends in here, make a scene out of nothing. You guys are professionals at it with all the time you invest, must be great experience. Meanwhile the people in question are the type of cockless wankers who won't say a peep when you meet them in real life. You're that phalically insecure that you can't live life by making yourself better, so you go around trying to lower everyone else below you. Eat shit and die, no really. Go ahead, get mad, and come at me. It's nothing new, I've said this in people's defence time and time again. Each day that one of you wraps yourself around a pole, a cloud dematerialises, and the day becomes brighter. Now I've used basic fact in almost everything that I've said as you can see by evidence in this thread, amongst others. I look forward to reading all the incoherent, baseless, childish replies tomorrow.

----

To the NA owners: Sorry for me coming in here and adding to the bullshit but it's a common sight and it's rather irritating because it simply puts a wall between everybody. I also apologise for the turbo skyline owners who are actually decent people, I wouldn't like to see any kind of stereotyping, the same way that MBS and others have done to you unfortunately. See, it used to be about Ford vs Holden. Then it was Imports vs Domestics. Then it was Skylines vs Supras. Now, within the same Skyline family, it's a serious bitching contest between turbo and non turbo. And the only reason it's like that, is because these phallically insecure turbo owners feel the need to make themselves look better. Hey, maybe they think they are 'super street' - Who knows, I'm not one of them. Take care. <3

Edited by GTRPowa

In bold.

MBS: I can't believe you are an Executive when you behave like that. You are being an unruly child and you seem to go from thread to thread looking to start shit.

You seem to be able to serve but not receive. So as you plainly pointed out, it's the Naturally Aspirated "PERFORMANCE" section. Meanwhile you tatter on about the lack of performance they have.

I can't receive? When someone can give me a perfectly valid reason for why I should put up with them building an illegal car or being a twat and having it affect me, I've receive it. Until then, f**k no

Once again, you point out it's the "NATURALLY ASPIRATED" Perfomance section. So why are you here always throwing up negative feedback, or just being a downright retards towards people. I'd assume from your attitude that your car is a turbo? I'll get onto that later.

Well now you're showing up how little you know. Nope, my cars not turbo. Thanks for coming.

I see cheap China crap on Skylines, Supras, Corollas, Commodores, Falcons, Civics, MX's, etc etc etc, I'm not naming almost every model of car that's affordable to young people. Your ability to itemise statistics fails.

your point? There was someone in here (Being a twat) and having a go at Commodore drivers for spending money on a proven, name brand, rather then using chinese branded stuff that breaks and ruins their car

So if a year ago, every 'noob' and his dog was giving you so much apparent abuse to cause you that much pain that you'd invest time coming here to bitch heavily, how is any new user supposed to cushion into the SAU community with fools like you gallivanting around (as an Executive) showing them what long term, regular users (and Executives alike) act like? People like you are sending this forum to shit. Eventually it'll just be the same 30 trolls. It's already the case, really. What car do you own? You wrote car in the car field mate, we know it's a car, what is it. Do you own a Skyline at the moment? See what I'm getting at here? Participate in a positive manner, or just don't participate.

I never said at all they were abusing me, I said that they wouldn't learn from basic reasoning. Seriously, this section is like trying to talk to a 5 year old. No one learns in here unless they f**kup first hand, or you smack them over the head

I tell ya there's a few people in the club that most would love to knock out. You sir, are one of them. Only because you act like such a wad. Get real and let everyone have a chat. You, and others like you, are the reason I have moved largely away from the forum, and the reason why I won't sign up to the club. It's a good club ruined by retards (like you) who look for trouble. It's the internet version of what you'd be a victim of out the front of a club. Then again, it would be good being a member of the club you exec, I'd have a better chance of meeting you in person, buddy.

Which club would that be? There is approximately 5 clubs that run from this forum. Oh and I travel between the states for events, and will be doing even more so soon. So just maybe you'll get your wish, but just so you know, I speak my mind in person too. This is what gives leaders strength to run the place, because we won't back down from what needs to be done.

----

Now that's been said. Go ahead, all the other turbo owning trolls from the wasteland. PM each other, gang up, hook line sinker, etc etc. Come in, have your little go, make a huge deal out of it. Bring your friends in here, make a scene out of nothing. You guys are professionals at it with all the time you invest, must be great experience. Meanwhile the people in question are the type of cockless wankers who won't say a peep when you meet them in real life. You're that phalically insecure that you can't live life by making yourself better, so you go around trying to lower everyone else below you. Eat shit and die, no really. Go ahead, get mad, and come at me. It's nothing new, I've said this in people's defence time and time again. Each day that one of you wraps yourself around a pole, a cloud dematerialises, and the day becomes brighter. Now I've used basic fact in almost everything that I've said as you can see by evidence in this thread, amongst others. I look forward to reading all the incoherent, baseless, childish replies tomorrow.

Oh no, I'll say lots in person, trust me, been there, done that. I'm not afraid of speaking my mind. If you can't handle the fact that some people need to be told publically over and over they're being twats, then maybe you're the one with the issue. Maybe you were one of these twats, or maybe you still are. Or maybe you were just never allowed to speak your mind growing up, and now you're backlashing against anyone who is prepared to say some thing?

----

To the NA owners: Sorry for me coming in here and adding to the bullshit but it's a common sight and it's rather irritating because it simply puts a wall between everybody. I also apologise for the turbo skyline owners who are actually decent people, I wouldn't like to see any kind of stereotyping, the same way that MBS and others have done to you unfortunately. See, it used to be about Ford vs Holden. Then it was Imports vs Domestics. Then it was Skylines vs Supras. Now, within the same Skyline family, it's a serious bitching contest between turbo and non turbo. And the only reason it's like that, is because these phallically insecure turbo owners feel the need to make themselves look better. Hey, maybe they think they are 'super street' - Who knows, I'm not one of them. Take care. <3

If you ever do manage to get out to an event with our club, (In fact, where are you located, I might be in your area soon for an event, I can make time to come meet you in person if you'd like) you will find that all of us exec (Yes, including me) are very welcoming to those willing to learn, be respectable and not be stupid idiots (We will actually remove members from our club if they are being idiots and causing a bad image *like the people we are flaming* to the skyline community or the club) such as the people who are here sprouting that they're doing illegal modifications to cars, then bitch they get defected, or street racing. (I don't know if you've been in the turbo section lately, but the people saying the same stupid things in the turbo section also get flamed. Bet you haven't found that have you?) All of the people who do these things, cause issues for all us.

Remember, each time some one does wrap themselves around a pole in a skyline, it's not just them and their family they affect, but every owner of a modified car.

When you've been playing with modified cars and watched the car scene become 10% what it used to be 5 years ago, purely from the police and media cracking down because so many idiots do put a bit of chlorine in the gene pool, or keeping doing illegal things, then you to will give up saying "Please don't do that" and you'll start slapping people in the face for it.

+1 for being someone who will gladly say shit to peoples faces. the reason being that the idiots that then flip out and start swinging because of their inability to control their anger or think before they act usually forget to consider 2 things. 1: they are the ones who are going to end up getting fisted by the long arm of the law, and 2: someone who is in a fight because of rage won't fight as well as someone who is calm (this is why boxers try and stir up their opponent). this means they will just be swinging blindly making it much easier to dodge their punches as well as then kick the shit out of them while still being able to call it self defence.

or to sum it up for the TL;DR people

hemad, iaintevenmad

Wtf?

What's up with you guys? A crappy exhaust isn't going to kill someone.

That said I'll probably get some pipes made up for the r34 when it arrives. Defects ahoy

Cheap skates was because you see most jap imports with china knock off parts on them.

And check the other treads in this section, at least once a week someone starts a thread "omg I thought my car was going to be fast..."

Secondly, you must be in this section for going fast... That's why it's the "naturally aspirated PERFORMANCE" section...

Although, some people are confused on this and talkabout suspension and general automotive rather then in the suspension and general sections... Maybe there's alot of stupid NA drivers too...

yes & how do you know any of us have "china knock off parts" on them?

take my car for example,

yes i have a varex muffler, as i stated in the OP - it suited my needs.

the rest of the exhaust was made up - chinese? no

work xd9 wheels - chinese? no

tein coilovers - chinese? no.

you're comments about naturally aspirated "PERFORMANCE", what does the sub-title say? something along the lines of "for the n/a enthusiasts"

which is what we are.

ive seen a lot more drivers in turbo skylines doing stupid shit than n/a's.

If anything Matty - some of these guys are the opposite of cheap skates.

I.e spending 500 bucks on a shitty illegal X-force muffler.

as i said before, you admitted in another thread that you dont have any experience yourself with a varex muffler.

of course they arent going to be up to the quality of a kaki or fujitsubo etc, i never once said that.

but they are a hell of a lot better than other universal mufflers on the market.

And....who's to say N/A drivers can't afford to buy expensive bits and pieces now.....I'm 17 now and bought a R34 and buying expensive bits and pieces for it now and no, my parents do not give me money either.

Yes, there are a lot a lot of idiots in the N/A section thinking their car is speed demon because of watching the F&F, but this thread ISN'T one of them, he was simply sharing his experience and thoughts, and here you are flaming everyone.....

couldnt agree with you more.

Why?

so you are saying you're car is 100% street legal & if a traffic cop inspected it he couldnt fault it?

if this is true, then i would honestly be interested to hear about how you went about keeping it street legal.

i don't understand how your car has resided to that, i live in the eastern suburbs & work in the city (melbourne), so im on the road ALL the time, & i never have any trouble with police.

it doesn't matter what car the person is in, if the driver is a dick, then he/she will drive like one, thats something you cant change & which you'll have to accept, instead of pointing fingers.

in the third paragraph you wrote you are once again pointing the finger, there is nothing in this thread to suggest that any of the people posting in this thread act like that.

fair enough if you want to make the point proven in a thread that states the obvious, such as the n/a drag race thread - but why bring it up here & flame?

i just think its stupid that all these posts have come up from what was essentially a thread about my thoughts & experience with the varex muffler, because like it or not, a lot of people are interested in them.

&& here come the flame replies hahaa

Just give up son.

I cbf replying anymore

Obv you more more than anyone else in Aus.

But I will add, NA Performace = Engine mods

there are suspension and braking sections, driveline sections general maintinance etc.

You are allowed to use those.

Hey this maybe be well off topic here, there was alot to read in all the previous posts, just have a quick question for the experts

My exhaust is loud, sounds good, but id prefer less attention from it, ive heard a HKS silent system 3inch,which is quiet and sounds great, mines 3inch (decatted cat),

what can i do to make the noise quieter and not loose any power?????? if i replace the cannon with some sort of HKS muffler, would that be quieter and not affect my power etc???

Without going to much into it and without know exactly what you have.

But Quieter means the mufflers have more chambers/tubes etc, so more restriction in most cases.

The 3" HKS silent exhasut is quiet because it's designed to have a small turbo muffling most of the noise, they are actually quite loud on cars with big turbo's fitted.

saying that a 3" system on a 2.5L NA Six is not going to cause much restiction, it will never be exactly quiet with just a single off the shelf muffler.

2 decent big 3" mufflers should shut it up, and still be free flowing (in your case)

yes & how do you know any of us have "china knock off parts" on them?

take my car for example,

yes i have a varex muffler, as i stated in the OP - it suited my needs.

the rest of the exhaust was made up - chinese? no

work xd9 wheels - chinese? no

tein coilovers - chinese? no.

you're comments about naturally aspirated "PERFORMANCE", what does the sub-title say? something along the lines of "for the n/a enthusiasts"

which is what we are.

ive seen a lot more drivers in turbo skylines doing stupid shit than n/a's.

as i said before, you admitted in another thread that you dont have any experience yourself with a varex muffler.

of course they arent going to be up to the quality of a kaki or fujitsubo etc, i never once said that.

but they are a hell of a lot better than other universal mufflers on the market.

couldnt agree with you more.

so you are saying you're car is 100% street legal & if a traffic cop inspected it he couldnt fault it?

if this is true, then i would honestly be interested to hear about how you went about keeping it street legal.

i don't understand how your car has resided to that, i live in the eastern suburbs & work in the city (melbourne), so im on the road ALL the time, & i never have any trouble with police.

it doesn't matter what car the person is in, if the driver is a dick, then he/she will drive like one, thats something you cant change & which you'll have to accept, instead of pointing fingers.

in the third paragraph you wrote you are once again pointing the finger, there is nothing in this thread to suggest that any of the people posting in this thread act like that.

fair enough if you want to make the point proven in a thread that states the obvious, such as the n/a drag race thread - but why bring it up here & flame?

i just think its stupid that all these posts have come up from what was essentially a thread about my thoughts & experience with the varex muffler, because like it or not, a lot of people are interested in them.

&& here come the flame replies hahaa

My car was 100% street legal yes. It was engineered. That's how it was legal.

It's currently being rebuilt at the moment, and will then be engineered. That's how it will be street legal.

Secondly, people are being idiots in here too, the variable mufflers are ILLEGAL FFS! Once you learn to not do stupid illegal shit, we'll all be better for it.