SAU Community

'view New Content' Button

I've been noticing for a whle that clicking 'view new content' doesn't actually return the latest posts, instead the same set from a few hours (or more) previous.

The old 'view new posts' button worked faultlessly, however not so now :(

Has anyone else been having this problem?

• 1 month later...

It works on/off for me.. When I turn my computer on and open SAU it all works fine, but if I leave my computer on and not use it for a few hours, when I press the view new content button i'll have 1 very recent post at the top on page 1 then the rest are from earlier that day, and the newest posts randomly pop up on say page 2 or 3 then page 4 will be the actual recent/new posts.

If that makes any sense. whistling.gif

well it doesnt work for me. on the first page i have 1 or 2 topics within the last 10 mins, and they space apart from there, till by the bottom of the page i have 7hr old posts.

like so:

post-29392-0-19756200-1300749817_thumb.jpg

edit: 10 mins later, and this post still hasnt made it to the first page

Edited by Munkyb0y

+1 for not working

EDIT: I got confused

I thought this was about the "My content" button in the dropdown menu behind the username.

That doesn't work, like this post should be in there now but it's not.

Edited by Socrates

i just discovered something strange.

view new content >> at the top of page 1 the first two or three posts are within a few minutes, then taper off to a few hours old.

top of page 2, the first few posts follow on in timeline from the latest at the top of page 1.

top of page 3, same thing happens.

so basically if you go thru the pages and only look at the first 2 or 3 post at the top of each page, they are the latest posts.

does that make sense? strange.

edit: usually by the afternoon, this isnt an issue, and new posts are displayed correctly from the first page onwards.

Edited by Munkyb0y

• 2 months later...

yer i created a topic an hour or so ago asking a question.... been clicking "veiw new content" ever since and it wont show up.... but when i go in to forums and into the section i posted in then the topic is there???