SAU Community

Trucking Car From Sydney To Melbourne

nickcorr

Hi All,

Mate needs to ship his W8 Passat from Sydney to Melbourne now that it has stopped leaking everywhere...

Any recomendations/approx pricing from city to city trucking?

Many thanks.

Nick

honestly???? from my PERSONAL experience???

if it's running, DRIVE it back.

if it's NOT running however...

...get in touch with a fair weather friend with a car trailer. borrow / rent it... buy him whatever he wants. after all - he's a fair weather friend. show him what REAL mates rates are. buy him a carton or three of his favourite imported beer...

clean his gutters out...

see if he'll lend you his ute to tow it too... if not - rent one from bunnings.

get the trailer and the ute - and connect the two.

drive up to sydney - pick up the car. and tow it back your god damn selves. do it over the course of a weekend.

you'll save HUNDREDS of dollars. and get the car in exactly the way you had it before.

i transported two cars. one had a few scrapes on the bumper, small scratch on the bootlid no big deal...

the other car, flat battery... battery had been arced and fried. blow two major fuses @ $40 and a $1000 price for EACH car.

i live in WA. i didn't have a choice. you do have a choice.. grab your mate. and handle your biz.

• 4 months later...

autotrans

Toll

theres a mob from QLD I think called scotts transport or something similar that I've used before.

just good car carriers or car transport etc.

EPS, im pretty sure if you do the sums, it wouldnt end up any cheaper, by the time you pay $150 to hire a trailer, $150 for the ute+25c km($500), 2000km of fuel(about $400) and about 30 hours of boring driving, its really not cheaper at all.