SAU Community

Rb25 Hi Flow Turbo And Vct Help

honan

Yeah definetely noticable difference. No way in hell would you leave it disengaged if you had the option to have it enabled.

Considering RB26 boys pay thousands of dollars to get a HKS VCAM (obviously a lot more advanced) there is definetely benefits to be had.

like he said, its personal preference...my preference is to go with it...at the time the amount of bullshit i went through because another tuner is just a f**kin pecker.

basically nistuned an ecu with a safe tune so i could get my car home with the new turbo

(turbo went 600kms from anywhere and it was stuck at my parents place)

went to get it tuned-had password protected it...wouldnt give me the password..wouldnt unlock it, as he wanted to do the tune.

the guys at morpowa bent over backwards to get it sorted and to fit ANOTHER nistune board in...at the time the vct wasnt the issue...now its a little annoying.

shopping around now for a rpm window switch, will install it and leave it disabled until i can get it on the dyno.

Wow that sounds like a major fk around, could have just got a base image flashed back on to the NIStune board and started again from there.

Mattw_83: wouldn't hurt to chuck it on the dyno and make sure it's all fine, some of the timing could probably be adjusted to make better use of the advanced intake cam.

I don't know whether mine was tuned for it or not but it handles it fine (NOT ADVISING YOU TO DO THE SAME), I'm building a 3L bottom end for mine so wasn't really fussed if it melted anything.. was a bit tentative about it to begin with but after a few runs with no adverse effects I thought bugger it, she's still going strong heh

Does make a HUGE difference to how the car drives around town though.

this was the easiest option at the time, and it was only an hour extra labour (which they never charged me for) and there tune compared to the guys that done it is a hell of alot better!

but yeah ill be sticking with it.

also you can use an auxillary on the e boost to operate the vct? i may be wrong!

also wont be an extensive tune, maybe a bit of a play with the existing tune...better to be safe and chuck it on a dyno!

Pretty sure the eboost2 has an auxillary channel you can use as an RPM window switch.

And yeah, it would just be a touch up tune, it's not like you're starting from scratch again.

yeah im not overly happy with it at the moment, although kids in there ufo kitted bright yellow s15's faces are funny when they get the jump at the lights and then destroyed about 2 seconds later. organising a rpm window switch at the moment and then when my car goes down to the paint shop ill take it next door to be touched up again!