SAU Community

R33 Gtr Hard Piping Kit

ryanelmi

Hey guys... Just after a bit of info on a hard piping kit from the turbo to the afms.. and either side of the cooler on my 33 gtr..

where is the best place to get them from and how much should i pay for these items??

Is it worth getting them fabricated or buy the manufactored ones??

Cheers

yeah I like the trust kit. if you don't want to go mega $$$. just get the trust 'hard pipe kit" which just replaced the intercooler piping, then buy a "suction kit" like the apexi one that does piping from pods to turbos. you'll still have the standard "twin turbo" pipe but that's about it. and no this set-up won't cause reversion. I've had it on numerous cars. the japanese kits are all well tested and designed.

I'm runing a mix of HKS and Trust/GRreddy piping on my 260RS.

HKS = cold side intercooler and bottom hot side pipe

Trust/Greddy = Intake and Y piping/top hot side pipe work.

Expensive but i the HKS SLP kit doesn't fit Z32s and T/G dont do lower hot side piping, if you are runnning standard AFMS get the HKS kit otherwise mix and match.

If you are able to fit off the shelf parts i would. Why mess with custom fabrication when you have a tried, tested and proven option.

I bought this kit for a couple hundred dollars. Some fella bought then onsold without installing it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-INTAKE-SYKLINE-RB26DETT-RB26-R33-R34-BNR33-BNR34-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2d74063dQQitemZ400194537021QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

having the rb26 engine done up atm by my tuner, installing this kit ^

wont know how it goes until April... :/

Im going for around 300 awkw.. Are the hard pipes a good thing to do?

Not really no.

Changing from the stock piping has well known possible side-effects.

Compressor surge/reversion over the AFM. Which will basically ruin the setup.

Not everyone suffers, and its a case by case basis - but you'd hate swapping and spending cash/time only to get to the tuner and find out you are up the creek.