SAU Community

R34 Gtt Rear Wheel Bearings

nato_wp

I have searched for nearly 5 days straight every night, and came to the conclusion that although a lot of people want to know which wheel bearings fit, no one actually gave us hard evidence or even a personal account of which ones do.

This is what they should look like: note the handbrake bracket.

IMG_3968.jpg

Courtesy of this guy (Eu Jin): EJ's ER34.blogspot

Nissan FAST reference Part No. 43210-AA100 does NOT fit.

It looks like this; and is cross-referenced with S13/S15 numbers

DSC_4729.jpg

Nissan Part Numbers 43281-AA100 for the left side and 43280-AA100 for the right side - also do NOT fit, they look the same, but the centre hole is larger, requiring a custom spacer ring to mount them. (note: the separate part numbers only mean that the screw in the bracket changes from one hole to the other)

'Elite Racing' in topic "R34 Gt Rear Wheel Bearing - Part number?"

The part number you should be looking for is 43281 AA100 (see above) or 43281 AA000 but I don't have your VIN so it's not gauranteed.

- there was no confirmation either way on that second number.

CBC in Regency Park, South Australia quoted part number NJ246-A to fit R34 GTT (RWD).

This is suspiciously similar to the NTN part number Just Jap quote: NTN-NJ246A Just Jap Site

However, 'DECIM8' in the same topic as above:

I replaced one 1 year ago with no external replacements. I tried CBC they sent the wrong one. You need the whole assembled part. ...

With 4 different numbers from Nissan and 3 of them confirmed wrong, and one unconfirmed...well, I'm not sure I want to pull my daily to bits just yet, and it desperately needs doing.

Has anyone experienced success, personally, finding a DIRECT REPLACEMENT rear wheel bearing for an R34 GTT (RWD), and if so please post here, with supplier and part number.

Edited by nato_wp
  • Like 1

hey mate. can u not just give your vin number to nissan spare parts and they get you the right bearing?

EDIT *keep in mind i have NOT read your other threads so u may have already tried this and it isnt so easy*

Edited by tm_r33

Im busy replacing mine rear wheel bearing also on my Skyline R34 GTT. I got the parts 43281-AA100 for the left side and 43280-AA100 for the right, and as u said its larger, but not a big difference.

I think maybe the wheel bearing assembly hub got smaller cause its been pressed with the old one. Maybe if you get a new one it would be the same size as the wheel bearing,

Maybe im thinking too far or going crazy here...:P . Im also been searching around for answers. Might even order a new hub to see if it might work.

• 1 month later...

Well I found out the solution !

You have to buy a new hub also and press it to the bearing.

So the bearing number 43281-AA100 & 43280-A100 are correct.

And the Rear hub wheel would be : 43202-85F00

The new hub would be maybe just a little 0.5 mm wider than the old.

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

i just had this happen to me. car was up at mechanics.. ordered a wheel bearing in.. and it came in the wrong one from Nissan without the handbrake tab

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a replacement part from CBC Bearings, fit perfect.

Part Number - NJ246AKIT - $114.58 + GST. The part suits left or right, you have to punch out the pin that locates the handbrake bolt and install it onto the new bearing assembly.

I'll post up a detailed thread for future reference.