SAU Community

Sau:nsw February 26Th Social Cruise!

MBS206

183408_1730611819652_1069171597_31971456_3676986_n.jpg

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!!!

We're taking off once more on a nice casual cruise, this time on a Saturday. For those that came on the last southern cruise, and especially those that were all "OH MY GOD! I LOVED IT!" well, you better be here again, because this one is going to be even bigger and better.

This cruise is going to have a bit of everything, for everyone, there'll be some nice country side roads, there'll be some twisties, and even a bit of the ol' freeway.

This really is going to be one of those cruises you don't want to miss... I bet you've heard someone tell you how good the Royal National Park is, I'm putting money on the fact you would love to have a crack at Macquarie Pass, some of you may have even done these two roads before, but have you ever put your car across the Kangaroo Valley? Because on the 26th of February, we're doing all three!

This is the type of cruise, that you WILL need a full tank of fuel. There will be a fuel stop as well after the first 1/3rd of the cruise. We'll also be stopping at the 2/3rds mark some pies, as tradition dictates when you go up Macquarie Pass, at the Robertson Pie Shop

Ok so here's the details;

Date: February 26th, 2011

Meet at: Waratah St, in the parking spaces near the corner of Bath Road.

Who: Anyone with any car (doesnt have to be a Skyline)

What time should I get there: 9am for a 9:30AM departure.

How Much: Fuel and food money, that's it.

The route: I'll have printed maps on the day for people, but the basics, from Kirrawee, down through the Royal National Park, through Lawrence Hargrave Drive, up Bulli Pass, down the F6, stopping at Shell in Albion Park. Up Macquarie Pass stopping at the Robertson Pie Shop. Through the Kangaroo Valley to stop in Berry at the local pub for some chit chat/food.

On this cruise we will ALL be sticking to the speed limit.

There will be NO DRIFTING.

NO BURNOUTS

NOTHING ILLEGAL!

We will be the most courteous users on the road, and we will not be doing ANYTHING to cause any disrepute for the club.

As with all SAU:NSW events, this cruise will run under a CAMS permit.

This will be another fun day, with the only cost a bit of fuel, and what ever you decide to eat and drink.

So is Berry the final destination?? im heading to canberra on saturday an dthis could be a nice way to start the day off.

Yes, berry is the Final destination, you can then choose to head home or stay and talk.

If you were headed for Canberra, I'd probably suggest you skip the turn into Kangaroo Valley, keep heading straight until you hit a roundabout a bit up the road, turn left and just follow it, and it will put you on the Hume Highway not too far north of Marulan DTC.

is it ok if my paint is coming off ?ermm.gif

sounds like a good drive, although not friendly if your from the central coast, maybe 2 tanks of fuel.

would be cool if we could organize a cruise on the north side, maybe the old pacific hwy :D

sounds like a good drive, although not friendly if your from the central coast, maybe 2 tanks of fuel.

would be cool if we could organize a cruise on the north side, maybe the old pacific hwy :D

There was a Putty Rd cruise not long back; and there's other Old Pac runs too. This is the exception for those of us who live south.

The march cruise that is planned and will be posted next Saturday night after this one is a shorter, but just as enjoyable northern side of Sydney cruise.

Our members also have a regular cruise up the coast, if you join up to sau:nsw club you'll see the extra stuff ;)

Great work Matt and Owen!

Please take note of the fact that Matt mentioned we'll stop at Shell servo Albion Pk!

There is also alternatively BP, Caltex and Shell at Albion Pk Rail along Princes Hwy before turning right onto Tongarra Rd.

It is advisable to fill up around here even if you're still half full because...

Robertson, Kangaroo Valley and Berry often run out of 98 (or don't have it)

Great work Matt and Owen!

Please take note of the fact that Matt mentioned we'll meet at Shell servo Albion Pk!

There is also alternatively BP, Caltex and Shell at Albion Pk Rail along Princes Hwy before turning right onto Tongarra Rd.

It is advisable to fill up around here even if you're still half full because...

Robertson, Kangaroo Valley and Berry often run out of 98 (or don't have it)

Additional to that, I don't know where E85 is down here....

We have no E85, and it is a fuel thirsty route up through Mac pass and kangaroo valley with lots of tight up hill turns in 1st an 2nd gear, you will burn alot. Highly advise taking Jerry cans if on e85