SAU Community

Dyno + Servicing

siu_loong_bao

Hey All,

I've only bought my R33 a week ago and have booked it in for a Dyno and Performance tune. What i wanna know is:

1. Has anyone done a Dyno for their car and what to expect?

2. Costs? A place in Underwood (not disclosed) is charging me $275 plus parts for both servicing and dyno....

The car currently throws flames out the exhaust on high revs, not good at all!!!! And also, it drinks heaps of fuel.....I got 250kms from 35 L of premium unleaded...ouch!!!!! :rofl::D:):mad:

Will take it in this Mon 8/3/04. Wish me luck!

That sound allright,when i had my pfc installed with tune at croydon it cost me.

supply and install(price without pfc) oil filter,5L of oil,engine flush,injector clean platinum plugs + dyno tune inc in pfc purchace $441 all up.a bit steep but you know you get what you pay for.

I mite get my SAFC2, AVCR and SITC tuned there

How come you only got 159rwkw

Have u got a full exhaust?

How long did it take too?

Ill be giving them a call once im ready to act, im waiting on a few things first...

Also, what exacly did they tune if you dont have any engine management etc?

I mite get my SAFC2, AVCR and SITC tuned there

How come you only got 159rwkw

Have u got a full exhaust?  

How long did it take too?  

Ill be giving them a call once im ready to act, im waiting on a few things first...

Also, what exacly did they tune if you dont have any engine management etc?

159.2KW is quite good for a pretty much stock car (apart from the stuff listed in my Signature). Another member in this forum only got 140kw from their stocky!!!

Had to get it serviced (major) and dyno-ed cos I bought it 2 weeks ago and it had misfiring on high rpm (Thanks to BryanB who told me about it). I also wanted to know how many KWs were at the wheels. Overall, they changed the sparkies to NGK Platinums, did a full service on it for under $500. Now I can rest at ease every time I floor it!!! :):);)

So now I am a proud owner of a laminated dyno chart that's accredited and signed.

As for boost, the guy at APC set it on 10 psi. Excuse me, but I dun know too much about turbo cars, so I dun know what 10 psi will do/if it's good or bad. However, I have been informed that I got a great condition car and with the setup I have got (bleed valve, etc), it is optimal. I dun plan on ugrading the engine, etc as yet, so very happy with what I got.

yeah the guys at APC seem pretty good. I had mine on dyno there the other weekend at a dyno day ($40 for 2 runs). Turned out my car was running too lean, and they only took it to 4000rpm and that was it - they took it straight off the dyno as the afrs were up to about 14-15. They said it will either be pump or afm. I am thinking it is the pump. It was $40 well spent :rofl:

And also, it drinks heaps of fuel.....I got 250kms from 35 L of premium unleaded.

Thats not too uncommon.. mine drinks around that and has around 180rwkw (last dyno was 183rwkw but that was yonks ago).. more power unfortunately will mean more fuel. Last few days highway driving (110km most of the way), 11L/100km - so can make a big difference the types of km you do as to the economy

unwritten law.. same, last tune mine started dipping. I have one of those CAI boxes on the way, and the pump has been in for a long time. Never had it tuned since then though as i'm hoping that eliminates one or all of those problems. Although I have a feeling it is just hte ECU pulling timing due to it being a stock ECU + S-AFC. Anyhow, i gotta get back to your PM tomorrow -- too tired :)

Mate - go with APC. After trying 5 mechanics around Bris & Gold Coast, these guys actually know what they are talking about. Cowboys at the Gold Coast fitted some mods and what was meant to be a 3 day installed turned into over a month of bullshit, lies & false promises - they got 168kw@rw and said this was an awesome result. 1 afternoon at APC 238.2kw@rw with more to come!! Lesson - dont take a street/circuit car to people who can just build Drag cars with big budgets - they dont know the fine art of tuning. They couldn't even get the idle right. Now it runs perfectly and uses much less fuel, no knock and a ton more power. Invest the money with the guys that get the results!